• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Short Low Maintenance Carpet Plants?

NathanB

Hi all! just filled my next tank a couple of days ago, doing a dark start for this one. Im currently planning which plants i'd like to use in this scape and I was wondering if you guys could reccomend any based on what im looking for? Something like Sagittaria but if there are any species that stay reletively low growing then i'd like to go for those. Also is there any tips to keep them growing lower? Stronger light? CO2? I originally wanted to not use co2 for this scape as I'd like the tank to stay as low maintenance as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Nathan.

Not sure how much success you'd have trying to grow a dense low growing carpet without CO2 and fairly high light intensity, regardless of species, but it can be done, sort of. There's a section at the end of my tutorial regarding low-energy lawns, and one or two threads that might be of interest. Links below.

Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan is working for me, i have superfish scaper 45l with stock light and it is growing well i got the invitro from tropica

Back