• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

shrimp and Columbian tetra.

scrud

Has anyone had any experience keeping shrimp with Columbian tetra?

I've searched around for an answer to this but getting conflicting results, even my lfs were unsure. I already keep amanos with them and they are fine but not sure how cherries or bees would fair.

there's plenty of space in the tank where the fish cant get to.

thanks for the replies.:)

In spite of looking like Piranha, my Columbians seemed slow, dozy and not very predatory. Not at all like my Congo Tetras, cute but utterly vicious !
D

I find my columbians calm fish normally, but at feeding time they are voracious eaters. I think once they realise that one tastes nice, there soon won't be many left. They grow to a decent size too, so would definitely be able to fit them in their mouths.

I've kept adult amanos and cherrys with a small shoal of Columbians and they got along fine. They undoubtedly polished off most of the cherry offspring. But If I remember rightly I think some managed to reach maturity. I suppose it depends on how densely planted your tank is.

Back