• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp

Ghosty

hey guys,

As some may know I now have a 55g, I was going to move my daughter community over into it, but Mrs said there was no point, so what I was thinking was moving my bn pleco from the 10g to the 55g, and adding some sort of shrimp and otos in replacment

However I do have a supplied water of kh18 no idea of tank water as my test kit doesn't have the kh and gh drops,

Would shrimp be ok in this sort of water, I can get the supplied water readouts from affinity.
I have read stuff that says that soft water is bad because they moult, would to hard water make them moult to much? And what shrimp would be best with guppys platies neon tetra and a honey gouarmi

Cheers for all the help

Too hard a water makes it difficult for them to moult and your fish will eat all but the largest type of shrimp, the Amano shrimp.

And how hard of water is to hard? What parameters do I need to be under?

Ghosty

I thought of cherry shrimp to and tbh my lfs sells them so, may go down that route,
No idea about honeys preferring soft water, mine is thriving always playful always colourful, and toys with my bn pleco over the cucumber, I will how wer look into it further

Back