• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sick cardinal?

RPackman

I had a cardinal get sick with fin rot and it stopped eating and became listless and emaciated. It slowly recovered and has been over a month now since it showed signs of illness. It had started to gain weight, was eating and active and the tail grew back so I reintroduced it to my main tank. Within 24hrs I noticed some very odd behaviour, it kept burying itself vertically head down in the moss, to the point I thought it was stuck but after freeing it it moved to another bit of moss and did the same thing. I thought it must be sick so got it out again and back into quarantine. I noticed one gill protruded more than the other, and it has a bit of a lump at the base of the tail, but otherwise started behaving completely normally again as soon as it was back in quarantine. Now I don’t know what to do about it!

Does anyone have any ideas?
It is hard water of Thames Valley, but otherwise no change in parameters and no concerning features on testing water

Back