• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Slow 60 (ADA 60p low tech)

Thanks @G mac . Epsom salts is to add Magnesium, which I don’t have a lot of in my tap water. My approach to water additives is very much of the pinch of/spoon of variety, inspired by @dw1305. I enjoy watching my plants grow, but don’t have the urge to get into chasing very precise numbers, or trying to grow plants which will probably struggle in my set up.
There have been casualties. I would love to grow staurogyne repens, but have never managed to do it. Maybe next tank…
I tried and failed with Staurogen as well.

Decided that I really do prefer my little aquaels, so taken the Twinstar off (which at some point I’m going to sell if anyone is interested…).
Actually did some pruning! Trimmed off the biggest and ropiest looking crypt leaves, and fished about to remove some clumps of algae from the substrate. Looks much better.

IMG_6978.jpeg

IMG_6980.jpeg

I’m hoping that the flamingo is still in there somewhere. I’m optimistic that in a shallower tank I might be able to get it pink again, and maybe even get the spiralis to look good.

I’m slowly getting together my plan for breaking this tank down. I need to move the heavy piece of furniture it is on, and given that the substrate is getting on a bit and the desperate need to thin the planting and actually get the glass clean, at some point I will start again.

Fish are going to go temporarily in my 20 litre: I know this is too small, but I figured an established planted tank for a couple of weeks is kinder than a big plastic tub without substrate. I may start pulling crypts out this weekend. There are going to be a lot going spare.

Back