• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spray bar or Lily Pipe?

Callum

So I'm going to buy a 300L/H external filter for my 25L planted tank and I'm planning to have some sort of inline CO2 but I'm not sure which would be better for circulation of the tank? Spray bar or lily pipe? I will probably make the lily pipe
myself and I can always reduce the flow of the filter if necessary.

Does no one know which has better flow? :(

One of my tanks is a 37 litre with a 350 l/h internal, I personally have found that with a tank that small a spray bar seems to provide the most even flow, pointed to the front of the tank and positioned a fraction under the water line.

pete

Nobody can give a straight answer mate, there are so many variables.
Both sytems work but it can depend on your layout, for instance if you had an island scape then a lily pipe can push the water around in a circular motion but if you have a Dutch style then a spray bar might be better.
Understand about flow & decided on your scape design & make a decision that suits.
I find that if you use a spray bar then you need the max power pupm to get the best from it but a more jetted flow can easily be deflected.
There are also many tanks that don't rely on strong flow at all!

Ok, thanks guys :)

Back