• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point The Cube-- New Cube Rescape

When I start rescaping, probably when I return this fall.I think I am going to do the dry start with Fissidens (yoghurt and chopped moss) and Anubias on DW and rock in a plastic bag as you have suggested (at least I think it was you). I'm also going to leave much more open space than I have. Want to watch my critters more. I have Fluval Stratum in one tank and ADA Amazonia in the other, don't think I'll need to replace either at that time. Haven't decided about the SpecV yet (it has Carib-sea eco compete). I am also considering getting a larger tank maybe 24'X12"X12" and sell two.

Last edited:
When I start rescaping, probably when I return this fall.I think I am going to do the dry start with Fissidens (yoghurt and chopped moss) and Anubias on DW and rock in a plastic bag as you have suggested (at least I think it was you). I'm also going to leave much more open space than I have. Want to watch my critters more. I have Fluval Stratum in one tank and ADA Amazonia in the other, don't think I'll need to replace either at that time. Haven't decided about the SpecV yet (it has Carib-sea eco compete). I am also considering getting a larger tank maybe 24'X12"X12" and sell two.

Looking forward To your Up dates :thumbup: I would not bother with the yoghurt " It gets Smelly":sick: I kept the fiss moss in a bag mist spraying every day for about 2 weeks. Then it all seemed to die So just took it out and let it dry out for about a 2-3 weeks then used the rock in the Cube then the fiss started to grow again Fantastic :woot:

Think the fiss will attach to the DW Quicker ??? Don't dry start the Anubias attach this just before placing in the tank. It will grow better this way as there will be less stress on the plant :)

Hi All, 62 days on :) Tank has had another trim :eek: Fiss is doing well (y)

One thing I don't like is the shape of the HC LH side:( So will be reshaping this part over the next few weeks.

Thought I would try out my new C02 drop checker :cool: Still running DIY Co2 on this little one. I was pleased to find that it went green after a few hours :)
Looking forward to going pressurised Co2 on the next Scape and changing over to EL ferts too :D Another learning curve coming up :)

62_zpsswfj2oew.jpg

64_zpstwzucrk8.jpg

65_zpsv0sorigl.jpg

63_zpsfazvqp6e.jpg

66_zpsfl1fmqrd.jpg

Back