• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank of the future!

these tanks are poor, very poor. Not good for the fish, not to easy to try and scape either. They are much like a Biorb...a fad.

looking at reviews of this, its a complete waste of money and the designers most likely have no idea about planted aquariums.

A friend of mine had this tank when he was put up in Singapore by his company. It seems this style is quite common in those parts of world. And they work as advertised, though it might not be for everyone's taste (not mine for sure). My friend calls this as "acquired taste" for people who want but cant/dont spend time on planted tanks.

I will ask him to send me some pics to post here. I have seen these though, and its more like an isolated biotope with almost no outside intervention. CO2 is electrically generated, plants use fish waste + autodose high concentrated (&slowly released) ferts to make O2. The trapped gas on top is a mix of O2 and CO2, which is recycled..

These are indeed custom made to fit your wall/corner etc and can also be in-accessible (so maintainance company charges once in 6 months or so..). The filter mulm is also stored separate and thrown slowly are fert after some chem processing... Plus the usual remote controls, guest entertainment gadget!

Will get pics for the forum.

-niru

Back