• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Time to make a decision on a new light...

Hi you lot ^ Now I do like the razor haven't seen one close up but was looking at someone's on here the other day. don't think I need quite that many watts though.:) oh an Nat now the suns gone in do you match the vest in your avatar?B-)

Aw man I want to be part of this but ALL these lights are way out of my wallets reach! I stretched my budget on one 1500 ultima with no controller!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Really? How come it's shot up that much?
2 units, power leads not included!, junction box in order to dim the unit, 2 sets of brackets and controller.
Seems for a 120 tank then a majority of options work out to be £1k + excusing the arcadia and TMC.

Iain, if you think the maxspect unit maybe a viable choice pm Gary Nelson for more user info as he has one and I'm sure he would be willing to share some knowledge :)
I had seen gary is running one and is very happy with it, for my tank it works out £750 with two units which isnt too bad really, i would like to know how well they work linked together.
Another consideration is the unit needs to be sleek as id like to get rid of the light arm and hang it from the ceiling. Having been chatting with the uk distributor i can also choose a colour with the futura which is another nice touch...

Hi you lot ^ Now I do like the razor haven't seen one close up but was looking at someone's on here the other day. don't think I need quite that many watts though.:) oh an Nat now the suns gone in do you match the vest in your avatar?B-)

Yerp :grumpy:

2 units, power leads not included!, junction box in order to dim the unit, 2 sets of brackets and controller.
Seems for a 120 tank then a majority of options work out to be £1k + excusing the arcadia and TMC.

I had seen gary is running one and is very happy with it, for my tank it works out £750 with two units which isnt too bad really, i would like to know how well they work linked together.
Another consideration is the unit needs to be sleek as id like to get rid of the light arm and hang it from the ceiling. Having been chatting with the uk distributor i can also choose a colour with the futura which is another nice touch...

Oh :eek:

I have a 5-module Futura over my reef tank, and I have to say it is absolutely stunning, both as a light, and as a piece of room furniture.

it does look stunning for sure , the big question is of course how it will do over a planted tank.. time will tell.

it does look stunning for sure , the big question is of course how it will do over a planted tank.. time will tell.

The light will be the freshwater version that has less coloured LED's and more white and yellow crees, with something like 2500 colour rendition possibilities im pretty sure ill find a colour i like and the output certainly isnt an issue so cant see a reason for it not to work well. I know there are quite a few EU counter parts running them on planted tanks also..

Im feeling like i must be losing my marbles a little but im pretty confident that i will get one ordered, with a lead time of 5-6 weeks as each is built to order it will be an early xmas present for myself. Now i have this unit in my head anything else will always feel like a compromise.
Only bugger is i now need to buy another PCU for the TMC's to keep the tank running for that long without the plants failing .... unless of course anyone would like to lend me one for a little while if they have a spare :oops:

Im expecting Delivery of a Maxspect R420R (160w 8,000k)on tuesday, so could have supplied photos/video if you required it. But it looks as though youve set your heart on a Futura pal :eek:

thats cool fella, nice lights. Have seen them a lot at Cambridge Coral Tech and they do look good. Few things have swayed me to the futura... single unit, spectrum choice, full control of light sequence, sleek/sexy looks, control by pad/phone etc, never have to by another unit again and its as cool as !$%*!! It just does everything and a bunch of stuff id never have thought of.
Sure i could save a bunch of dollar with the arcadia or ATI but i work far more than i should or is normal and dont spend a lot of cash elsewhere so why not treat myself.:cigar:

thats cool fella, nice lights. Have seen them a lot at Cambridge Coral Tech and they do look good. Few things have swayed me to the futura... single unit, spectrum choice, full control of light sequence, sleek/sexy looks, control by pad/phone etc, never have to by another unit again and its as cool as !$%*!! It just does everything and a bunch of stuff id never have thought of.
Sure i could save a bunch of dollar with the arcadia or ATI but i work far more than i should or is normal and dont spend a lot of cash elsewhere so why not treat myself.:cigar:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Would be interesting to get an idea of the power saving with this unit compared to the equivalent amount of light with ATI T5s, which over the years is going to make your investment work further for you ?

Hey trevor, the futura displays its power usage and cost per day which is nice so should be able to calculate it fairly easily...

Well its ordered and expected in 4-6 weeks, 4 Module unit, Pure white, FOC hanging kit (can you believe they want to charge that as an extra!!!)
i need a stiff drink.....:dead:

Hey trevor, the futura displays its power usage and cost per day which is nice so should be able to calculate it fairly easily...

Well its ordered and expected in 4-6 weeks, 4 Module unit, Pure white, FOC hanging kit (can you believe they want to charge that as an extra!!!)

I seriously envy you. Must have been a powerful/scary moment when you pressed the "order" button. Looking forward to a review. Is the light control included in this unit or is it another "extra"?

Thomas

Insane, and impressive!

Just from my experience, I wouldn't necessarily believe that 4-6 weeks very strictly...and I agree the hanging kit is cheeky! Are the FW ones the same price as the equivalent SW ones?

Back