• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I can't put into words how much I love this tank. It's an absolute triumph. Easily my favourite tank ever!

No superlatives.....
the focal point arch branch is a great addition, just somehow keeps getting better :clap:
Cheerio,
Ady.

I can't put into words how much I love this tank. It's an absolute triumph. Easily my favourite tank ever!

Thanks Henry!

No superlatives.....
the focal point arch branch is a great addition, just somehow keeps getting better :clap:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers Ady. I was worried it might look a bit naff, but I think it's sufficiently far back that it doesn't draw too much attention. Spent ages trying to decide on how to 'end' the trail through the tank and I think that does it. Also added a mirror to the back of the tank for even more depth! Not really visible in the small pictures as there's only a few inches not covered in plants but in person it works really well and gives the hint of more water beyond.

3ig0.jpg

d1y8.jpg

qzli.jpg

OMG (I usually hate that acronym but in this case I take exception), this is incredible.

It's like the perfect blend of choas, nature and order.

The fact you're putting the fish first pushes it beyond so many other aquascapes, yet it's beauty is not compromised. On the contrary, in fact.

Well done man. :)

Attachments

• d1y8.jpg
    d1y8.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 117
  • qzli.jpg
    qzli.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 118
This may be the best nature scape I have ever seen.

Let's not get carried away Lewis! But thank you very much.

OMG (I usually hate that acronym but in this case I take exception), this is incredible.

It's like the perfect blend of choas, nature and order.

The fact you're putting the fish first pushes it beyond so many other aquascapes, yet it's beauty is not compromised. On the contrary, in fact.

Well done man. :)

There is rather more order than I'm used to at the moment, but I suspect that won't last too long :lol:. I have to say though, as much as I've loved each iteration of this tank, as something to just sit and look at it's definitely the best it's ever been. Finally figuring out how to make the most of the dimensions I think.

As an aside, for the first time in 3.5 years I actually bothered to make a custom white balance setting from inside the tank, which made it so much easier to get the the photos looking right. Can't believe I'd been lazy enough not to do that until now!

I don't think that anyone is getting carried away. I get the same feeling looking at this tank as when I go hiking or walking somewhere new. Not only is it beautiful but it seems every time I see it its new again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

simply stunning shots to,
Just saw your paradoxus vimeo vid over on TPT, can you post some more on that tank please. As looks stunning in the Video

I agree with all the above comments. That's the best tank I've ever seen and I followed it's life and all the different variations and rescapes it went through, and I can't even say which one is/was best as the tank looks amazing each time. And I can't believe it's a low tech tank, goes to show what one can achieve when they really understand the chemistry in a planted tank. It's been an inspiration to me.

simply stunning shots to,
Just saw your paradoxus vimeo vid over on TPT, can you post some more on that tank please. As looks stunning in the Video

Hate to break it to you Gill, but your memory is going :lol:

You commented on that video when I posted it on UKAPS a year ago - Indostomus paradoxus | UK Aquatic Plant Society

The tank looks quite different now and is mainly for growing on fry and shrimplets from the main tank, although there are a few Indostomus in there still but I never really see them.

I agree with all the above comments. That's the best tank I've ever seen and I followed it's life and all the different variations and rescapes it went through, and I can't even say which one is/was best as the tank looks amazing each time. And I can't believe it's a low tech tank, goes to show what one can achieve when they really understand the chemistry in a planted tank. It's been an inspiration to me.

Thanks very much, I've really enjoyed each stage of the tank as well. As for understanding the chemistry, I'm not sure I do really. Certainly compared to people like Darrel and Clive and Tom Barr I'm a complete ignoramus. I just go with the philosophy that if I have enough plants, everything will probably be OK.

How has this not had a pfk feature yet mate?? It easily and clearly deserves it.

Its my favourite tank of all time and gave me inspiration for my puddle. This deserves a good few pages in the mag :D

Dunno Al. I was a bit rude about Nathan Hill once, no idea if he remembers though :lol:

I don't think that anyone is getting carried away. I get the same feeling looking at this tank as when I go hiking or walking somewhere new. Not only is it beautiful but it seems every time I see it its new again.

Funny you should say that, its always whilst having a bit of a stroll along the river in the woods near me that I end up getting the urge to rescape.

Hate to break it to you Gill, but your memory is going :lol:

You commented on that video when I posted it on UKAPS a year ago - Indostomus paradoxus | UK Aquatic Plant Society

The tank looks quite different now and is mainly for growing on fry and shrimplets from the main tank, although there are a few Indostomus in there still but I never really see them.

Whoops So I did, well my memory is no good at the best of times.

Unbelievable. There are so many 'scapes' only possible with 60 WPG and 345 BPS, and someone comes up with a 'low tech' tank like this.

Tom, love the fact that you think the technical aspect of the photo's is even important To be honest you could go back 20 years and take this on a polaroid camera and it would be the best thing I've seen.

This really gives everyone a dilemma - the art form of a nature aquarium/ Aquascape vs the closest thing to nature in an aquarium ( in terms of how it looks, not trying to cause a debate)......

Unbelievable. There are so many 'scapes' only possible with 60 WPG and 345 BPS, and someone comes up with a 'low tech' tank like this.

Tom, love the fact that you think the technical aspect of the photo's is even important To be honest you could go back 20 years and take this on a polaroid camera and it would be the best thing I've seen.

This really gives everyone a dilemma - the art form of a nature aquarium/ Aquascape vs the closest thing to nature in an aquarium ( in terms of how it looks, not trying to cause a debate)......

Thanks man, very much appreciate your comments. I'm not sure it is terribly close to nature though really... there's just too many different things packed into such a tiny space for it to look real. If I had space for more than one large tank then I'd definitely go down a much stricter biotope route and try and make things look like genuine slices of habitat, instead of the somewhat 'hyper' approach in this tank.

Back