• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Towing the Line. Discus 120x50x45

I have only just talked myself out of a planted discus tank, and one appears, I fear that the pictures of these gorgeous fish in your tank may push me back over the edge:confused:

Very nice looking tank you have there

You dont need 30 degrees, 28 will do. (Had wc discus for about 10 years) I only crancked it up to 30 when they had troubles ( not feeding, skin problems).

It's the fear of the unknown! Ive always run it at 30 but last week took it down to 29 then this week 28.

They are Stendkers so are pretty robust through breeding

I have only just talked myself out of a planted discus tank, and one appears, I fear that the pictures of these gorgeous fish in your tank may push me back over the edge:confused:

Very nice looking tank you have there

22652051622_c9809bfb97_k.jpg

Hi Paul, Thank you. It's been quite a learning curve but overall a thoroughly enjoyable one. After a long day at work there are some evenings where, another, water change is a bit of a chore but this morning some of the team came out for a little photoshoot to remind me how gorgeous they are.

I have a shower valve plumbed into a HMA filter under my kitchen sink so I have heated filtered water available for water changes which does actually make it very easy. I can change 25% in 40minutes or so.

:thumbup:GO FOR IT! YOU WONT REGRET IT! :thumbup:

30'C will melt most of your plants pretty quickly. 27-28'C is alright for general health. You can crank it up to 30'C for a few days if you notice your discus are not feeding well or are having fungus, skin, whitespot, etc.

GDM,
Gobsmackingingly gorgeous discus with plenty of room, looks great mate.;)

Paul,

I know the feeling, I have been pushed over the edge loads of times!;) The worse on was when I had a Marine Tank, it had been set up over a year. One day I walked in to an aquarium place, saw this massive planted discus tank...boom three weeks later everything in the Marine tank sold and two weeks later planted ready for Discus..theyd o it to me every time:banghead:

Steve

Reactions: GDM
Pics over on the 'planted & display' section of BIDKA, I've seen you over there I think? The site is so much easier to upload photographs to. It's not that I'm lazy......I'm in recovery!

Hi GDM,

Hope you are fully recovered now and enjoying your gorgeous Discus. Yes been on BIDKA but not for a while now. Really disappointed to see the show cancelled this year:arghh:

Any other shows you know of?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for your kind words.

Yes, it's a shame they cancelled the show. I'm still new to Discus so it would have been great to see some 'proper' show fish first hand.

There is still room in the tank taking into account stocking ratios, I'm about to ring in a little extra order with Devotedly Discus this weekend actually, Mark is about to place an order with Stendker......once I've made my mind up what to add in!

Best,
Garry

So I made my mind up.
  • All the Tetras came out
  • One of the 2217's started acting very weird (2nd hand fleabay) so was replaced with an FX6. What a beast!
  • 4 New Discus ordered;
  • 2no.Marlboro Red
  • 1no. Red Scribble
  • 1no. Blue Diamond.
  • Temp down to 28, Tennelus & Marsilea carpet really starting to get going...
23001063679_b7c0dd507e_b.jpg

23368767285_af87c4292c_b.jpg

22740411494_07e2facd45_b.jpg

The 'in the room' shot
22740682104_198d81dc6e_b.jpg

Hi All,

I'm being terribly lazy

The discus have actually all gone to another lovely Stendker owner and so the tank has now been dropped a good 5 degrees, C02 cranked up, replanted and some new rootwood added.

My water is quite hard and I've found plants take a little while to take off so it's slowly slowly..

I also can't find a way beyond firing up the laptop of adding photos?

Thanks all

I always use imgur.com to upload photos - afterwards you should see a BB code on the side tab where you can just insert into the post. You'll get a large full image too =).

Back