• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tricolor - Pico Cube - 1-2 Grow

Re: Tricolor - Pico Cube - New Pix

Not much to update, lost the big crab. others are doing fine, but stay one one side of the tank.
Shrimp doing well, Moss is growing well.
Still not happy with the Hydrocoytle, will not stay rooted in the fluval stratum. so will rip it out and replace with something else.

Re: Tricolor - Pico Cube - Trapped Air Fixed

Decided to Get some More Marimo Balls. And As Always in my Pico's will flatten them out and this should give the Hydro some more weight to keep it down. Hydro has been pearling like mad, as nice and sunny. Java moss is slowly creeping up the back wall. Hoping it will cover it all in the longrun.

Trapped air is back in the Canister, I have seen vids where people add a Hole to the top of the filter. Not sure on how to do this without causing a Leak.

Managed to fix this, by lowering the height of the filter to a few cm lower

Also anyone know a trick to stop nerites laying eggs. Getting a little annoying finding them all over the glass in the mornings.

Going to start with a rescape later today. Marimo Balls arrived and have been Opened up and are rinsing in cold water, to remove sand and detritus. As from experience once opened up these release alot of fine powder.

Re: Tricolor - Pico Cube - New Scape

So rescape done for now.
These Marimo are not staying down, like those in the past. will see what happens with then in a day or so.

It means I have a handful of Hydrocoytle Sp.Japan Left over with some Java Moss in it. Going to leave it on the windowsill and snip of shoots to replant as they grow.

Just been searching for some HC, since no has had any to offer atm.
And just found someone selling the 1-2Grow Pots, Have ordered one to see how different it is. As cannot stand the HC in Rokwool(can never get all of it out).

Bio Bloom

home from work and have a Bio Bloom, done a big water change with matured water.
sometimes happens with marimo balls once opened out

Also found the crabs have shed this morning. Empty Carpaces look very weird.

And going to change over to an Internal (for a Day or So) as the Pico External needs Maintenance on it.

sarahtermite said:
Pics? (Once you've sorted out the bloom)

Will Do, will have the Ugly Pico Internal in the pix though. Till I get the chance to Do Maintenance on the External.

Arggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FFS. Forgot to baffle the outlet on the Internal and Ruined the Scape. Everything Blown everywhere by the current.
Not going to touch it now today, too annoyed with myself.

Tropica 1-2Grow Pot of HC arrived this afternoon, and the quality is far above that of the potted plant.
Will be planting this at the weekend

Co2 Solid Pellets ???

Found a Box of these, that I bought while on Holiday, Has anyone used them before. It says on the Box that they dissolve and release Co2 and last for up to a week per Pellet. They are about the Size of a Hikari Massivore Pellet.
CO2 Pellets

Changing the Filter

Decided to Red Mod the Canister.
Going to replace the Pump with the Powerhead from one of my Internals.
And replace the Inlet piping with a Larger Gauge tubing.
Not going to do it today, as ran out of Glue Sticks for the gun, so need to get some more from the Pound Shop.

P@H Muppets

Just popped into P@H on the way home to see what plants they have in. The Whole system was covered in Hair Algae and BBA. And they were Throwing most of it away. Asked If I could Have it, would still pay a reduced amount. And they said no. Was Horrible to see all those Crypts, Anubias, HC, Hygro, etc being binned.

Re: P@H Muppets

Gill said:
Just popped into P@H on the way home to see what plants they have in. The Whole system was covered in Hair Algae and BBA. And they were Throwing most of it away. Asked If I could Have it, would still pay a reduced amount. And they said no. Was Horrible to see all those Crypts, Anubias, HC, Hygro, etc being binned.
That sucks doesn't it! At least with 1-2GROW! the retailer can't spoil them :lol:

I had to watch them throwing the tropica plants away and just wanted to grab and run.

I am very impressed with the 1-2 Grow Pots. I do not have to take up space in the tank, while waiting on other supplies. Can leave it in the pot until I am ready to use it.

Not Planted the HC yet.
Decided to Change it around, so new tank on its way. Still a Pico, but a little interesting.

New Tank Arrived

The new tank arrived and I Love it. Made by Aquavista
The Filtration Lighting and Heating Runs on just 2.5W. Its 2.4G and looks very good.
Just going to start setting it up.

Back