• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tulgey Wood - Trimmed

Wow thanks Faizal...I think I need to lie down for a bit after that:) It's gona be fuel injected, I think the stems and foreground plants I'd like to grow would perhaps struggle a bit in a low-energy set-up. And I already have a low-energy set up on the go - Cryptic Haven.
The wood is manzi...I've changed it slightly, there was something about the original that wasn't quite gelling. I like the Enya analogy...it makes perfect sense...maybe I should call the scape with no name Orinoco Flow;)

Top image - the tweaked scape. I've moved and replaced some wood and rocks...well I can tell the difference:rolleyes: Bottom Image - the inspiration behind it all...

12105027943_d5e7e1a8ed_b.jpg

12104715225_d65db6822b_b.jpg

That's some awesome rootage! Is thus near you?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Troi, I'm loving that wood. Very nice hardscape.
Now you'll have to be careful not to hide all that wood near the bottom, and all the stones, with plants :)

You might have a point. I was going to go all out and smoother it with plants, but maybe I'll plant it sparingly at first and go from there; let it evolve gradually.

That's some awesome rootage! Is thus near you?
I wish...no it's in the Lost Gardens of Heligan (near Mevagissey in Cornwall), one of my annual pilgrimages.

I want it for my next tank ha
Yer gona need an even bigger tank...surely not even you could manage that...

What about tulgey wood...?

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.:D

Any progress with this one troi ?
Hi Tim
Not yet, thanks for asking...I've been a CO2 burnout of recent - I suppose after what happened to Primordial - so it's just been gathering dust. But that said, coincidently I've been working on my plant list today; I'll probably order it sometime within the next few days. So far it's looking like this:
Mayaca fluviatilis
Rotala wallichii
Glosso
Ranunculus inundatus
Fissidens
Bolbitis difformis
Microsorum Narrow
Anubias petite
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Riccardia chamedryfolia

I've also got some E. tenellus and Hydrocotyle Japan growing in a sorta Wabi thingy so I might use them as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: tim
Thanks Lindy, I did think about it briefly. It'd be a lot less expense and hassle. I think I'm in to about 5 different suppliers to get all the plants I want:rolleyes:

I've just got to say the wood scape is awesome Troi. A true Wonderland! How on earth can you let it 'gather dust'?? You must have the patience of Job:). We are all here chomping at the bit so do us a favour, get it planted up and let's have a look:lol:.

Stunning pieces of wood and a great little ditty on 'Tulgey Wood'.:clap:

Harry.

Back