• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two sisters

Started a new scape in the (almost) 300 liter tank. Cleaning out the tank is always the most messy and less favorable job, but when it's all clean again it is nice to get going.

Tank size: 120 x 45 x 55
Filters: 2 Atman canister filters with each 1550 l/h turnover
Power head: 2000 l/h
Lights: 4 x T5 (only 2 on at one time)
Nutrients: CO2 via reactors and PPS-pro for Micro and Macro

I started growing plants in my previous scape to be used in this one also had almost enough wood, I just had the get some sand and I collected stones from an area where someone dumped leftover stones from Jade manufacturing.

After 2 days hard work this is the result. There will be a black back added to it, I just don't have it at the moment.

20150815_152109_zpsd9asnapa.jpg

20150815_152125_zpsukgrt4ax.jpg

20150815_165912_zpsjwemfyq5.jpg

20150815_212035_zps1jgzvdwi.jpg

Water in...little blue light gave it a spooky look

Next day planted the tank, which went pretty fast and easy as most plants were already tight to a stone.
20150816_151213_zpsqoh343lu.jpg

20150816_151808_zps51afuqh8.jpg

I'm sure I will tweak a bit here and there after the black back is on, but I am pretty pleased with it.

You must have had access to a ton of plants!
I didn't even use all the plants I had.

A bit of red foliage poking out from the top would be nice.
With the low light I am using reds aren't going to be very red, I am thinking in trying it later on though, first want to see how the plants in the back look when they grow above the ferns.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and the likes.

What is the planted at the back? Light green plants?
Hygrophila difformis

love two island scapes and as such love this one, looks grown in already Martin, great job fella.
I used my old setup to grow the plants I wanted to use in this scape, so indeed the plants are already grown nicely.

Looks really really good, you created a lot of depth!

Only thing I would change if it was my tank would be the spraybar on the back. My eyes keep getting drawn towards it...
That spray bar is only now right in your face because the back isn't black yet in those photo's.

I never was a great fan of sand :) but this scape is realy changing my mind. It's beautiful..

I never was a great fan of sand :) but this scape is realy changing my mind. It's beautiful..
Sand is really great, but the particles have to be really all about one size. If they are all different size then the sand loses its permeability and this will be chance for the anaerobic bacteria. This will not look nice nor will it be healthy for the fish.

This is a good one, Martin and the collected rock just looks fabulous!
You do know that they look a lot like Manten Stone!

2 Island tanks are one of my favourites and your tank size is perfectly fitting for this kind of layout!

Great work!

Cheers,
Chris

You do know that they look a lot like Manten Stone!
I thought so too....I should go and collect more and try to sell them (there is still half a mountain of them, but most are lighter grey, nice ones non the less). It's just that stones are so heavy to ship out :confused: and the cost of that is ridiculous :(

Back