• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Utricularia Gibba

MirandaB

Just purchased some of this as I grow a few carnivorous plants and I'm interested in the aquatic species.
Does anyone else have this and does it have any special requirements?

Can't be worse than the accursed duckweed surely :p or the najas roraima that is attempting world tank domination...well in my 90lt anyway :D
Shall try some in my tank and some outside in my daphnia tub thanks Yo-han.

Hi all,
Don't believe them, it is a lovely plant. Mine has actually declined quite a lot for some reason, but this is it in its full glory.
utricularia_gibba_2011.jpg

<Utricularia gibba has flowered | UK Aquatic Plant Society>

cheers Darrel

Getting it to flower is something I can aspire to :) thanks for showing me that Darrel.
I wondered if fert dosing in the tank would affect it as virtually all terrestrial carnivorous plants don't tolerate ferts but if it's as rampant as people say then obviously not lol

Oke, I exaggerated a little but this is because I know two people which find this in their tanks all the time. I think in real life it is more comparable to moss. You'll find this between all plants too. I never kept it myself but I know at least one of the two tanks uses EI, so it's at least tolerating the high ferts.

it'll tolerate ferts allright - I join the club of people not able to get rid of it, by the way :thumbup:
Mick.

Ah well I can't say I haven't been warned :D mind you I often struggle with plants defined as "easy" for some bizarre reason,probably because my water is liquid rock.

Back