• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wavepoint LED 6500k clamp lamp

The deafening silince should show you talking about different LED lights isn't easy.
Not only are there a lot of manufacturers, but they also don't make test values available.
Mostly people will speak about a light they know, new ones are hard to gauge beforehand.

haha thanks Edvet. I guess when I receive this I can do a review on it then. :)

ok well I received this today - looked a bit confusing with all the bits but turns out it's pretty self-explanatory (it does come with instructions though). one thing to point out is that it doesn't have an on/off switch at all. if it's plugged in, it's on, unless you have a timer switch.

here's a before and after comparison:

20140420_204831-2.jpg

standard old LEDs from eBay, not great for plants, had to put lights very low, carpet plants used to die off to the point where I gave up.

20140506_214731.jpg

Wavepoint 6500k LEDs, clarity is much better, light penetrates much deeper even though it's higher up.

haha I paid £49.49 as I had a birthday discount from Aqua Essentials (lovely treat!) but it was RRP £54.99 for the 12". hope that helps.

when signing up, you have put in your birth date and then on your birthday they send you an email with a unique code. that's what happened to me anyway!

Thanks Catherine, im going to do that, this is an expensive hobby so any money saved is a bounus.

I am looking at this one for a 40 liter tank?
would this be ok for a high-tech planted tank with co2?
how good is the light really?
I was looking at the TMC tiles but having to add a tile, a controller and the suspension kit is a major no no for a nano tank that cost me only 25£.

Back