• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When to change bulbs

langer!

Hi, from my limited knowledge and time spent browsing the net, I believe that my t5ho bulbs should be replaced every year. Is this really the case?? And if so what should I be looking out for in any new bulbs to enhance plant growth?? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T5 HO tubes generally last 3-5 years aquatic use before output drops to 90% of new. So change every 3-5 years is fine.

Plants don't care about light spectrum generally, so choose tubes that make your plants look good. Too lower K value plants look "yellow" too higher K value (as used in marine tanks) plants look washed out.

There is a locked thread with a tank photographed with different tubes, choose one you like the look of, plants wont care.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/cheap-ho-t5-fluorescent-tubes-update-with-photos.555/

Hi, from my limited knowledge and time spent browsing the net, I believe that my t5ho bulbs should be replaced every year. Is this really the case?
No.

And if so what should I be looking out for in any new bulbs to enhance plant growth?
Any bulb enhances plant growth. Get whatever bulb looks good to you.
There are only two reasons to change your bulbs:

Reason 1: You don't like the color.
Reason 2. The bulb is blown.

Cheers,

Is it truly marketing then ceg to make us replace bulbs when they are not needed?

Back