• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yellow Leaves

oh sorry mate! completely new to this ya know. haha.

Micro mix-
Fe: 8.2%
Mn: 1.82%
zn: 1.16%
B: 1.05%
Cu: 0.23%
Mo: 0.15%

Thank you i will begin doing that. I doubt it is humidity because the main plants affected are oregano and black peppermint, which can be grown in the garden, and i have a fog machine on constantly, Lights are 2x t8's so i wouldnt expect they did much, although the most affected plant is closest to the light.

Also, when you say dose EI, do you mean both micros and macros?

Hey dom,
Is your water hard?

Don't know if this is of any use... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorosis

Thanks Nath, i was looking at chlorosis and necrosis earlier. What i still dont understand is how hard water affects the uptake of nutrients?

Also, when you say dose EI, do you mean both micros and macros?

Yes, you can dose both if you like. Or if you want to narrow down the problem, dose one week just micros, if it doesn't improve, next week micros and macros....

and i have a fog machine on constantly,

Too humid for the oregano and black peppermint maybe? If it's warm where you live evaporation is greater too, humidity is higher too in warm weather.

What i still dont understand is how hard water affects the uptake of nutrients?

I wouldn't worry about this much as it affects the availability of certain nutrients, for example iron. But dosing it more often resolves the issue. On another hand in acidic environment there can be a problem with iron toxicity. So I wouldn't worry about that stuff.
In my soil tanks I've no problem with iron being deficient and I have hard water.

Okay i shall do that, thanks!

As for the humidity- i know people which have kept peppermint in these kinds of setups and they have been fine, as for the oregano- i'm surprised it's doing so well. This is sort of an experiment, and i chucked a couple of plants in, and the oregano seems to be doing better than the peppermint.

And alright mate i see, thank you!

Back