• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
girls-in-chocolate.jpg
why am i thinking of this?
That's exactly how my room looked after changing the pond soil in my tank.

What????? Tom your girlfriend was rolling around the floor covered in mud :-0 :p

Ha, doesn't look only 30cm depth now does it? Its MaHoooosive! So jealous...:meh:
No ha ha it's crazy how a bit of wood and gravel can change that ha. It looks bloody huge. Looking from the left side into the tank it goes on for ever. . I chose not to black out the back of the tank too as thought it would spoil it.

Looking awesome, to add even more to the sense of depth that you have, have you thought about moving the substrate away from the front panel and corners then levelling it off? I find this lets your eyes "into" the scape easier, and will let you follow the wood in left corner into the "mound" even more dramatically, you'll get more apparent height too. Just a thought mind, you're the boss!....:)
Hope Al dont mind me replying to this message... if you look close the sides go up past the tank base so when you see the full front shot you dont see much if any gravel.

Peace out

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
^^^^^^ what aron said lol.... thanks nature boy. Id have done exactly that if id not decided to have the panels come above the base of the tank.

BOOOOOM!!!

Looking great mate. :)

Let's not underestimate the challenges you've experienced getting to this point. But you've risen to them, and beyond. The hardscape layout looks perfectly balanced already and will only get better once the tank is full and the plants start to grow in.

This is going to be a true aquarium plant paradise where flora and fauna will absolutely thrive in the most beautiful of environments.

Brilliant.

thanks George. Thats some seriously confidence Inspiring words. ( and im not kissing butt here lol).
Your right theres been challenges that have been so deflating which you yourself know about and delayed the set up plus had me thinking to not carry on.

Its been a tough set up as nothing wanted to go smoothly which added to the time this took to come together and the wood deciding to have a play and pulling the lot up didn't help. I didnt do the calming press ups though mate ha ha. I was on auto pilot.
im shocked by that fact this tank has so many plants in but doesn't look it at all. I may add some more to it if I can afford it.

It really has come together very well, im made up with how it looks and to hear that feed back and very postive opinion on the layout and the eventual look from the man himself has given me a massive boost thank you very much mate.

Looking amazing Alastair, truly inspirational. Hat's off to your better half as well, I can imagine the reaction in my house to such a proposal.

Welcome to the world of large tanks, where everything is a struggle, but the rewards are as big as the tank:cool:
True true. I could not have put it better myself. Very rewarding. I even like it with lights off ha.

Looking amazing Alastair, truly inspirational. Hat's off to your better half as well, I can imagine the reaction in my house to such a proposal.

Thanks kindly james. Im hoping it has just as much appeal when its growing in and fish go in.
Ps I dont have a better half who lives with me ha ha

Apart from the staffie;)
Ahhh true true. Hes a boy though so not sure that sounds quite right ha ha.
Looks amazing Alastair! I'm really looking forward to seeing this develop. :thumbup:
Hi Lee thanks very much mate. Been trying to get to grips with taking hakf decent shots with the new camera which ill get up tonight.
Now you are making people jealous. ;)

Hehe. How else would I get away with my big tanks addiction

Just whilst I upload all the cam shots to flickr I took a couple of mobile shots if the tank last night. They dont show the true size of it unlike the camera does.
Excuse the haze from the uprooting and the rocks weighting the wood down

My acrylic outlets are just at the side of the tank waiting to go on too.
10958626535_26169a347a_b.jpg
chocolate lake by Mr-T-, on Flickr

10958863983_8d5fc393f7_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Few more plants to add and need to level off the substrate at the front and raise it just behind the wood

Wphats happened to your flickr? There is very few photos on there!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

In general. Maybe its my phone app. It is only showing back to a couple photos of the maidenhair fern in your last tank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back