• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

I know should have just said don't bother wasn't moaning at me but as his work colleague next time will stand and watch and say will be be within a mill ;)

I go to my local timber merchant. Perfect cuts every single time for my kitchen build, several speaker builds etc etc

There are some free programs online that work out the cut list for your sheet size so you maximise each board

Amazed myself this morning, only managed to hang the bloody doors myself. Those forstner bits are ideal (thanks Nathaniel!!!)

rywI6BU.jpg

:)

Attachments

• rywI6BU.jpg
    rywI6BU.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 263
Thanks mate, I'd never heard of those drill bits or Blum hinges before last week :D

Now the sanding, filling etc can commence!

My palm or belt sander will hopefully make short work of that lol

I'm trying to talk the body shop manager at work into taking on the painting lol

What about black and decker mouse nat ? I am going to put mine together this Monday hopefully and cut the pipe holes etc then dismantle and start primer etc, should I primer then sand and for how long then sand after every coat until smooth and should I fill I beetween every coats aswel ? Still not sure on colour lol don't want any yellowing what colour you going for then rob u decided ?

Glad you got hinges on and working

Thanks Dean

I'm thinking white atm Deano. And I'm using a Black and Decker mouse. Just put my 2nd round of polyfiller in tonight after sanding down the first lot lol.

Not worried about the pipe holes yet, but google 'desk grommets' and that seems to be the answer :)

Still amazed i did the hinges on me Jack Jones :D

Chuffed for ya mate looks really good,u filling before you primer ? U filling edges and everything aswel

Thanks Dean

Chuffed for ya mate looks really good,u filling before you primer ? U filling edges and everything aswel

Thanks Dean

Just filling the screw holes before priming it mate. Priming and sanding a few times will highlight any other areas that need a touch of filler. Not filling the edges, just going to sand the backside out of them before primer.

I've a couple of edges protruding a mil or so that need a good sand off first, but the mouse will make a good job on those in little time. If you have the same sander as me Deano, b&d mouse with an attachment for a vacuum cleaner hose, get it hooked up mate. I've never bothered before but have this time and there's like no dust at all ;)

The missus has picked the colour tonight, Dulux bowler hat, like a really dark urban grey. Scuppers the idea of white I had lol, but I can live with a very dark grey, especially with a rock scape ;)

Well put mine together and all fits wwwwhhhhoooooo like urs has a mil or so out pics below
With door on
be6uhuda.jpg

Door off
ne5e9ety.jpg

Mill or so out
uda3u4ab.jpg

Didn't have much time as was doing bedroom stripping walls and replacing all skirting as you can see in pics after glossing it

Hopefully get some done this week obviously needs holes counter sunk and some filled as was hitting other screws, there looked like a crack in the Mdf from a screw before put top on but hopefully ok, think going to take apart and Sind sides down etc, are u priming all panels when deprecate before joining together rob ?

Thanks Dean

Attachments

• be6uhuda.jpg
    be6uhuda.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 118
  • ne5e9ety.jpg
    ne5e9ety.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 179
thinking of this varnish marine quality for boats (wont let me post link but its yacht varnish from screwfix for £10)

and I like this paint colour (from b and q called Dulux Silk Emulsion Paint Chic Shadow 2.5L)

opinions ?

Back