• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FE setup problems - Wish i'd never started!

looks to me that you need to connect the needle valve to the reg not using tubing somehow?
as the pressure is reduced down to a suitable pressure to use tubing.... by the needle valve not the regulator thats why its blowing

if you take off the hose connector completly from the reg by unscrewing it and then remove the srew on cap from the needle valve will it screw into the reg? thats how i would try to set it up

stevec said:
if you take off the hose connector completly from the reg by unscrewing it and then remove the srew on cap from the needle valve will it screw into the reg? thats how i would try to set it up

I've tried this already. Was going to remove where the reg meets the the hose but my word its in there very very very well. Must have about half a gallon of loctite on it or something. Will not move at all.

The thing is I do think this will solve the problem if I can remove it. :thumbdown:

every reg ive seen has the needle valve directly connected ie screwed into the reg maybe you can get some sort of double threaded connector

lordingsy said:
stevec said:

I've tried this already. Was going to remove where the reg meets the the hose but my word its in there very very very well. Must have about half a gallon of loctite on it or something. Will not move at all.

The thing is I do think this will solve the problem if I can remove it. :thumbdown:

Hi,

I don't mean to be raining on your parade here when I say this but you really should be aware just how dangerous pressurized canisters can be. I for one certainly would be very careful about playing around with the fixtures and fittings if I were you.

I'm not familiar with the other co2 system you linked to it seems very expensive £77 so may have applications that it could be suitable for, unless of course its a total rip off bit of kit.

How big is your tank?

Regards, Chris.

chris1004 said:
lordingsy said:
stevec said:

Hi,

I don't mean to be raining on your parade here when I say this but you really should be aware just how dangerous pressurized canisters can be. I for one certainly would be very careful about playing around with the fixtures and fittings if I were you.

I'm not familiar with the other co2 system you linked to it seems very expensive £77 so may have applications that it could be suitable for, unless of course its a total rip off bit of kit.

How big is your tank?

Regards, Chris.

I was just thinking about using the reg mate. I think this reg will fit the disposable co2 bottles from machine mart so will probs just use them to tide me over for now till I can afford a decent reg.

Back