• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium.

George Farmer said:
Looks almost foolproof to use effectively!

It's quality stuff mate; a dream to use.

I've got about 6 or 7 layouts i could choose from, some with sand some without, would upside down,etc etc.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Oh, that something new for you and its simpy beautiful!

cheers Antoni. I'm looking forward to this.

Looking good Mark :)
That blue background you use, is it uniform or shaded (it looks like later one on the photo)?

Cheers.

schraptor said:
is it uniform or shaded (it looks like later one on the photo)?

it's uniform mate. It's just the way the light is falling on it, that gives it the impression of 'graduated' I do have a great graduated background though, that I'll use for later images.

Looking good already mate!

What have you done with the main tank?

Where are you getting some Manza for 60cm tank please? :) Is it from Tom Barr?

Radik said:
Where are you getting some Manza for 60cm tank please

from the states mate. tom would send possibly.

ianho said:
Looking good already mate!

cheers bud

Today, i received the most amazing portion of moss from Ben.Healthy?...the best i've ever seen! Thanks mate.

I didn't expect the amount. It's literally sorted me out. It's also allowed me to go the way i originally wanted to, with moss in the front.

The other moss that comes will fill in gaps.

here's setup...

set-up.jpg

and the 90% finished article.

I've still got to add vallis, and a bit more moss.

complete.jpg

you cant tell, but there's a fair amount of crypts in the tank

Amazing! I'm really looking forward to see it grow in.

Great job Mark, thats looking really nice. How have you secured the Moss at the front? Have you discovered which variety it is?

looks amaing!! i badly want an opti 60 now haha, what about some cryptus helferi? much much better looking and more nature aquarium than valis.

my moss was posted 1st class recorded so should be there tomorrow :D

JEK said:
Amazing! I'm really looking forward to see it grow in.

Thanks mate. :thumbup:

Mark Webb said:
Great job Mark, thats looking really nice. How have you secured the Moss at the front? Have you discovered which variety it is?

Mark, thanks. :)

The moss is christmas moss, and I've attached to small bits of flat slate, with fishing line then glued. Really simple.

nayr88 said:
what about some cryptus helferi?

good choice mate. I may go with that.

nayr88 said:
my moss was posted 1st class recorded so should be there tomorrow

look forward to it mate, thanks :thumbup:

Garuf came through today, with a rare? moss...pearl. Good quality Garuf, thanks mate :D

I've got a slight issue with one piece of wood wanting to float, but I've anchored it with a bit of stone.

The water is clearing nicely now....You can see it's quite flat, front to back which is what i wanted. In time, i'm not looking for tonnes of height at the rear.
clear.jpg

Time to start trimming the old leaves off the bolbitis. I'm looking forward to some nice 'ripple shots' later on.

fern-1.jpg

brilliant pics,

the c.helferi is a serious beaut, another reason i want a bigger tank. that and wanting some apistogramma.

how are you getting pearling damn it !! haha i cant get anything to pearl in my tank :(

cheers

nayr88 said:
how are you getting pearling damn it !!

dont worry mate, it's false pearling. Don't forget, the tank has been flooded just a few hours ago, just like huge water changes, this will bring about 'false' pearling....i must be good...even the glass is pearling :lol:

nayr88 said:
the c.helferi is a serious beaut, another reason i want a bigger tank.

It might be a better option than vallis in a small tank, due to it's slower growing nature

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium.Planted

Cheers Antoni.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Why do not like slopes?

i dont mind them. In the last tank i had a good 8-10 inches at the back. I just feel in this tank, it doesn't need it. The plants should provide the height and depth...hopefully.

again matey, it's really coming on already!

It looks...very English.

mrjackdempsey said:
Looking good, can't wait to see it grow on

Thanks bud. i'm intrigued to. I'm not even sure the layout will work. 4 months should decide :lol:

ianho said:
It looks...very English.

I guess it does in away. :)

Always a joy to read your journals Mark,looks like another stunner in the making from Ukaps finest plant grower/aquascaper

John

Back