• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium.C heferi added

Great additions to the over all scape, c Helferi is a great plant, haven't seen much of ludwigia palaustrus red so will have to take a look at that! :geek:

Regarding the filter, that can only be a good thing, interesting to see if it does give you better health plant wise personally I think it will, better flow etc......

Happy trimming....... The moss can get everywhere!! Any tips on trimming it?

i'm still at the stage where as soon as i've set one up i'm already thinking of the next one.
but then mine rarely mature :oops: .

going off topic here.Paulo won't be happy :rolleyes: :lol: .

I find the best way of trimming moss is to either take it between your fingers, clamp then cut or to use hair grips and do the same.

Scape looks great, I'm glad you went for a wood scape. It's looking great already. Do you think the bolbitis will be less problematic this time?

Cheers mark let me know the outcome, because they should have your sig or a neighbors to leave it, so ill find out who signed for it.

That's one damn sexy drop checker!! Cal aqua?

Have you got more info on the camera? Make ect? I'm quite good with getting my head around technical things but do you think its a camera a newb could operate to its full potential with some playing and practice? BestBuy are doing a 24month finance thingy on cameras so if I can get into some work I'd love to get hold of a camera, they had some pretty cool ones in there. Ill have a think of the one I found good/easy to use and good quality.

Cheers mate

+1 on garufs trimming, that way you dong get bits of moss getting around the tank,

On the few occasions i've grown moss, i've just trimmed it and syphoned it out.

Thanks for the tips for other ways of trimming. :thumbup:

nayr88 said:
Have you got more info on the camera? Make ect?

It's a canon 5d MK2 fitted with the canon 135mm L (my baby)

Most DSLR's work in the same way, so if your used to a cheaper DSLR, you'll soon get to grips with a better model.

A slight error on my part.

The moss i thought was from garuf, is actually from Nayr88. good stuff.

Garuf, it's yours I've not yet received :D

here's the drop checker nayr88

dc.jpg

that's an ADA thermometer just in front of it, blurred. From my good friend Viktor.

Mmmm, another stunner.
When are we going to see the second one by its side? You are wasting some light energy :D
Joking.
Ehh, looking good as always.

When are we going to see some algae from Marks tanks :lol:
With your photo skills i bet it would look amazing.

Good good to hear about the moss Mark, was having a rant about how crap RM are then got your PM :D

Ada! Your pushing the boat out! Haha and the thermometer, I must admit I am a bit of a an ADA fan. I bet your a collector/reader of the aquajournal.

Ill look into that camera, this is I've havnt got any experience with DSLR's just playing with them in the shops.

Agree with that one for Piece o fish comment haha

Piece-of-fish said:
When are we going to see the second one by its side?
the other half of this one would be good :rolleyes: .

Mark, I didn't bother tracking mine and just stuck a normal stamp on it, will re-send what I have left Monday morning. Royal mail reliable as ever. *rage*.
With any luck the second lot should arrive, it's growing pretty fast for me since swapping to an atomiser so you shouldn't have any issues in growing it out.

One tank won't do you justice, quickly get another one side by side. The wife won't say it's taking up more space since your cabinet/lights are 120cm anyway :lol: I really love how you make everything so simple even though its grounded in science and practice!

Just looked at your dosing. 0.5tsp of KNO3 3 days a week? I just checked Nutricalc and a 60L tank's normal EI dosing regime should be 0.5tsp per week, which means you're dosing 3x more. KH2PO4 is 6x the recommended amount!

Is there a reason for this? Or could this be the real reason why my tank (also a 60L) isn't doing well? o_O

flygja said:
Just looked at your dosing. 0.5tsp of KNO3 3 days a week? I just checked Nutricalc and a 60L tank's normal EI dosing regime should be 0.5tsp per week, which means you're dosing 3x more. KH2PO4 is 6x the recommended amount!

Is there a reason for this? Or could this be the real reason why my tank (also a 60L) isn't doing well? o_O

I've just looked, and I'm dosing 14x the recommended TPN+ dose :p It's probably to do with making sure the setup is light-limited, and not fert or CO2 limited. Whatever the reason, it obviously works! Gonna be another lovely tank

Tom

flygja said:

That's nothing mate.

in this 60cm, i was dosing a full tsp. Its still my cleanest tank to date.

reallightattempt-1.jpg

Also, i'm doing regular water changes, resetting every other day.

Tom said:
it obviously works! Gonna be another lovely tank

cheers Tom.

Great shot Mark, quality stuff as usual. I've always overdosed my tanks so to speak and only had one algae problem in 2 years.........which only lasted 3 days, thanks to you mate is now fine.......

What are the plants in this picture mate? Always amazes me how quick your scapes seem to look mature..... Loving it!

B7fec said:
What are the plants in this picture mate? Always amazes me how quick your scapes seem to look mature..... Loving it!

cheers mate, i must confess the above image is from one of my old tanks, maybe 2 years ago. :D

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium. Moss report

:lol:

I didnt mention before, but the moss is doing good. Some of the moss on stones has died off a bit, maybe 10%...fingers crossed for the rest o_O

The moss on the wood, which is getting tons of flow is pearling it's ass off.

Back