• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Approval needed

Cheers Ed :lol: i guess i'll have it as mine to.

I thought i'd share some pics from water change. You can see some plants better when the water is low.

Ludwigia on the road to recovery...

wc1.jpg

wc4a.jpg

wc3a.jpg

Very beautiful. :thumbup:
Seems like we are quite a few people using you tank as wallpaper. Hope you don't mind, Mark... :)

Blimey mark! that ludwigia is growing like stink and your saying its recovering? lol! look at all those new crowns! they have grown immensely from the last pic!

Regards, Gus.

chilled84 said:
You sicken me with your outstanding growth! lol

It's not been easy. Daily cutting of old leaves, W/C everyday, checking the lighting height etc etc...it's a daily thing mate.

The last week has seen the tank turn around for the good. The hard work pays off mate.

fozziebear said:
that ludwigia is growing like stink and your saying its recovering?

recovering from a trim mate, not from being sick :thumbup:

JEK said:
Seems like we are quite a few people using you tank as wallpaper. Hope you don't mind, Mark...

I'm baffled mate, in a good way. I didn't even think it was that good a shot. I dont mind though.

chilled84 said:
How much water you changeing daily? Its a lovely size that tank.

50% a day. It's real easy in a 60cm. Even in the last 120cm i was doing that for at least 3 or 4 weeks.

Mark, reading about the W/C being done 50% a day, what time of day do you do it? Do you use straight tap water with a dechlorinator? Finally what time of day do you dose?(lights on or off etc/)

Nice pictures Mark, so clear and clean!

Doing the 50percent daily wc has helped my tank tons, I use treated water left out for half hour, I was under the impression that untreated tap water would mess with the good stuff in your filter? I don't have any occupants in the nano so no harm to them just concerned about ruining the filter and causing some ammonia related algae?

Keep the pictures coming mate really enjoy them :)

B7fec said:
what time of day do you do it? Do you use straight tap water with a dechlorinator? Finally what time of day do you dose?(lights on or off etc/)

Ben, i've always done my W/C's after the lighting period. So i do it at night. I've not used declor in a few months now.

I dose my ferts straight after the W/C. Some say it should be done before lights on, but I've never tried that. maybe it could improve things more, i'm not sure :D

nayr88 said:
Keep the pictures coming mate really enjoy them

I cant risk being too enthusiastic mate :lol:

Cheers for Mark.....untreated tap water?? I thought the chlorine in the tap water kills the good bacteria in the filter? have I missed a trick here?

B7fec said:
untreated tap water?? I thought the chlorine in the tap water kills the good bacteria in the filter?

Some will say this, and it may well be true, but i've never really noticed any issues. There are many that dont declor, so i just follow the pack really :)

I have been fishkeeping since I was about 12,so that 45 years and I only ever declor at initial set up,I do two water changes a week and never use dechlorinator,
But saying all that if I had a big setup and was doing large water changes then I think I would use some form of dechlorinator .

John

I still use it, as lincolnshire water is rammed with chlorine, you can smell it!

This may be a bold statement, but i have given up using Prime though and changed to Haloex over the last few months. I don't know if its anything to do with the Nitrate binding, but i found some of my plants started to look as though they were needing more N. I stopped using Prime and back to normal. This is with twice weekly 50% changes.

The new Hydracotyle sp. is doing really well. It took just a few days to settle in, and is now spreading in all directions. I think in maybe 1 or 2 weeks, I'll take some cuttings and send them out. :thumbup:

amano-hydrajpg-b.jpg

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Hydracotyle sp. Japan

It's has a very beautiful leaf shape, I really like it in the layout on page 16 and 17 in the book of ADA.
Does it actually origin from Japan?

Back