• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan"

andyh said:
Mark, loving this tank! For me it looks so natural it doesn't look like its been created if you know what i mean!

Cheers Andy! :D really nice that you think it looks natural.

I'll send some hydrocotyle when there's some available :thumbup:

And thanks to the person who corrected my spelling...HYDRACOTYLE :lol: ...ishiwishi?

It's gona be tough not posting any images this weekend :?

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan"

George Farmer said:
No probs, "Bad Wizard" (cannot spell)...

:lol: nowt rong wiv my spelin!

I did say i wasn't going to post any images, but it's just impossible. So rather than FTS' etc, here's one showing crypt health....

I've intentionally turned down the output of he light to capture the 'sheen' on the leaf.

crypts-3.jpg

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Happy crypts

tank is looking superb mark, really well grown in. Is that a special hydrcotyle that you cant get in the UK?

Cherry barbs look great. I really fancy getting some of those but Ive always been put off barbs as I thought they were nasty buggers who would nip all the others? Yours seem really peaceful.

Tom said:
Never seem submersed Crypts look so clean and waxy-looking

Cheers Tom, I've managed to get similar looking crypts in the past, but not as so waxy as this. :D

stuworrall said:
Is that a special hydrcotyle that you cant get in the UK?

It's from Japan, amano's tanks. I'll send you some, but there is a small waiting list i'm afraid :? you could try George and Dan to. :thumbup:

stuworrall said:
Good that you're getting a rare plant distributed in the UK,

Yeah, George's idea, after we've sent out cuttings, the next bunch of folk can grow it on and then also send cuttings out...in a few months lots of us will have it.

Been following this all the time Mark, those mosses are coming along nicely :)
Loving the scape and those hi-res photos to die for ;)

I want the Amano plant too when you have enough ;) would look nice in my next scape.

Cheers Paulo. I'll pop you on the list. :thumbup:

I think in all honesty, i'm not going to be able to supply the whole community, so the 'pass it on' thing will have to come into play.

I've noticed in my undulatus green, a really distinct pattern in the leaves. Much nicer than when i've grown it before. 8) ...odd.

Mark Evans said:
I think in all honesty, i'm not going to be able to supply the whole community, so the 'pass it on' thing will have to come into play.
Haha so true, I already have first dibs on Garuf ;) lets see how it goes :)

Hi Mark that tank of yours is getting better looking by the day, you should bottle the magic touch and sell it, would be in more demand than the hydrcotyle :D and loving the crypts

Mark Evans said:
stuworrall said:
Good that you're getting a rare plant distributed in the UK,

Yeah, George's idea, after we've sent out cuttings, the next bunch of folk can grow it on and then also send cuttings out...in a few months lots of us will have it.
Well - it was Tobi's idea really... ;)

George Farmer said:
It's taking off in my nano now too. Starting to creep along horizontally, even with such low lighting. Interesting plant!

Indeed. It's much slower in my nano. I've just moved the nano over to the 120cm stand. I've got them side by side sharing the light.

Hopefully i can speed things up in the smaller tank.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" simple update

Well, i didn't think i could go all weekend without posting a pic.

Yesterday, i trimmed the moss. Not sure if it was the right thing to do.

If i'm honest, i'm not 100% happy with it. It's still a magnet for the smallest amount of diatoms. I mean it's not that visible on normal viewing, but close up it makes me cringe...I might be a tad paranoid here though.

The last 4 footer went through the same thing, but then after about 6 weeks, it just flourished...something to look forward to.

When it comes to photographing this proper, i may need 3 or 4 lights to pinpoint certain areas. I'd actually like to create a 'moody' image.

You can just make out the moss crawling up the wood on the front branch.

5-WEEKS-1.jpg

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" simple update

The little cheeky smile came after i caught him nearly picking up the scissors o_O... The hands slowly lowered

FINGERS.jpg

Back