• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[Nano Cubed] Some Accidental Jungles - now buy 1 get 2 free!

Re: [Nano] An Accidental Jungle - video page 2

I have 2 of these, im sure i told you over pm and im going to watch this carefully because it the moment there just cubes of white fuzz all over everything. Haha

Mitchell

Re: [Nano Cubed] Some Accidental Jungles - now buy 1 get 2 f

Yeh, my satellite fell and we've had no tv for a few days because of the winds, might take a walk up to Townhill Woods tomorrow see if i can find anything nice. Not had any luck as of yet haha.

That wood is wild!! Nice find. Good idea with the Hagen unit too, will look much neater also.
If the nano light become available please pm me :).

Thanks.

Heh yeah I'm quite keen on the oversized twigs. I picked them up originally with a thought to rescaping the big tank but like the effect in the nanos. Think I might try and get some emergent growth trailing up them.

Wasn't overly sure about the Hagen unit at first but having got rid of the incredibly ugly end bits and got it suspended I think it works OK.

Some Tillandsia might work on those branches. Just attach them with a dap of silicone or super glue.

I think it's a right move, as you said with the ugly end bits gone it looks the part.
Where did you get hOld of it and the brackets.

Id apprciate 1st refusal on that nano light though pal :) they sell those tanks round the corner to me but no light with them.

I think you should iwagumi the middle tank.

Nature aquarium-iwagumi-jungle :)

If I decide to sell it I'll let you know dude, will probably hold on to it for the moment though until I'm happy with the rest of the setup. Got the Hagen unit from ebay, had found it cheaper elsewhere but not in stock and by the time the order got refunded I'd already ordered tubes for it. The brackets are just generic things I picked up for a few quid in Homebase.

Was considering an iwagumi for the middle one but to be honest the style has never really appealed to me that much; most of the ones I do like tend to be very long tanks, not sure I've seen a cube 'gumi that's really blown me away.

There's been quite a lot of croaking going on in this tank over the last week or so, and after feeding bucketloads of microworms for a couple of days the male is now guarding a decent sized bubble nest under one of the frogbit leaves. He's even fending off snails, which I'm quite impressed by.

Go Go infusoria culture!

not long joined the site but thinking of changing my name to 'tank envy' really impressed with how natural your tanks look ... and cant wait to see the trio of nanos take shape .. with inspiration like your tanks i will slowly drag my 80's esk tank into the scaping age :)

Fry hatched this morning (from a second bubble nest, first was abandoned), probably about 80-100 at a rough guess. Tiny wee things. Sadly I'm crazy busy this week and heading off on fieldwork on the weekend so this lot will largely have to fend for themselves. Hopefully a few will make t.

Back