• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Filter recommendations ?

My friend bought it along with one for him direct from the company with a 10% discount voucher he had. Normally they're about £70 for the version without UV.

all pond solutions also have an ebay shop. Please be aware that identical filters are being sold on ebay for a a much higher price.

Checked out the All Pond Solutions filters and they looked great....trouble is none of them or the Eheim Pro 2 or Eheim Ecco Pro 200 will fit in my Juwel Vison 180 cabinet...I need to find a slimmer model because 'she who must be obeyed' will want it out of sight :(

the ecco pro300 fits in a rio180 cabinet, just take shelf out to get the height. i would use two 300's on a 180 one isn't enough.

03032011680.jpg

Its not the height thats the problem ...its the width and being bow fronted makes the width smaller and measures max 205mm

kellyboy47 said:
Checked out the All Pond Solutions filters and they looked great....trouble is none of them or the Eheim Pro 2 or Eheim Ecco Pro 200 will fit in my Juwel Vison 180 cabinet...I need to find a slimmer model because 'she who must be obeyed' will want it out of sight :(

Why not get an extra bit of wood the same colour of the cabinet (or have one cut to size), bung some magnetic catches on it, remove the shelf in the middle portion of the cabinet and put the filter in there behind the "new door" you just made ? Or you will end up with ugly powerheads in your tank to get the flow you need :sick:

kellyboy47 said:
I had the same 'she who must be obeyed...' so had to go for the JBL e1501 which does fit in the Vision 180 cupboard and allows the door to be shut.

ian_m said:
kellyboy47 said:
I had the same 'she who must be obeyed...' so had to go for the JBL e1501 which does fit in the Vision 180 cupboard and allows the door to be shut.

And thats a bloomin good filter too :thumbup:

Would I not be able to get away with the JBL E900 as its considerably cheaper and suitable for tanks up to 300l :?

kellyboy47 said:
Would I not be able to get away with the JBL E900 as its considerably cheaper and suitable for tanks up to 300l :?
depends on what you want the filter to do. If it is just to increase bio filtration then yes. If you desire greater water circulation to catch suspended matter then get as big a filter as you can. How about powerheads?

you can get 900 litre per hour powerheads for less than 20 for a good brand. They will up your tank flow but of course, will not provide filtration.

sorry. I cannot access that link. I used a 900 l nano powerhead. They work well at moving water in a calm manner. If you have dirt settling in your tank you probably need the filter. Although a powerhead can increase flow to help move any dirt to the filter intake.

Sorry about the link it was a Hydor Koralia NANO 1600 Circulation Pump for £31 or a Hydor Koralia NANO 900 Circulation Pump for £24 so do you think one of these and poss the JBL E900 could do the trick for my 180l Juwel tank with its own internal filter ?

sounds good. What is the issue with your tank?

get the filter. That is always going to help you might not need the powerhead once you have the filter going :)

As I said before, the JBL e1501 fits nicely in the Vision 180 cabinet, no problem. With the spray bar extended across the whole back of the tank all the plants are gently "wafting in breeze".

yeah. Think the big jbl is the way to go. Nice filters.

Thanks guys.....I'll see if I can get the E1501 a bit cheaper otherwise will go for the E900...thanks for your advice
Trev

Back