• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions on nano tank

PeteA

Not sure if it's the most descriptive subject line...

Me and the other half are currently looking into getting a couple of nano tanks for our office (well, 3rd bedroom, but office sounds much grander). She's after one for having a crowntail betta in and I'm after one for a small shoal of galaxy rasbora's and some shrimp. They're both going to be low-tech with mosses and bog wood as one high-tech tank is enough for us to manage ;) plus we both like the idea of watching the mosses slowly grow over time.

Now I'm looking for suggestions on what type of tanks to look at. The foot print we've got is quite small (probably only fit a 15 litre for the betta and the same (or possibly a 25) for the other). She really fancies one of the "all in one" type tanks, where the filter and heater are all hidden from view (such as the TMA Micro Habitat), whereas I quite like the P@H style tanks but I do know what she's saying with the various pipes and heaters being quite unsightly.

So what's everybody's thoughts and opinions? I don't really want to spent the earth on either, but if push comes to shove I'm happy to concentrate on one tank and then do the other later in the year.

As with all things, I'd advise doing whatever the woman wants :p

Hehe. On a slightly more useful note, I have three of the 25l P@H cubes and have no problem hiding a Dennerle corner filter and small 25w shatterproof heater with a bit of creative planting/well placed indian almond leaf.

BigTom said:
As with all things, I'd advise doing whatever the woman wants :p

Hehe. On a slightly more useful note, I have three of the 25l P@H cubes and have no problem hiding a Dennerle corner filter and small 25w shatterproof heater with a bit of creative planting/well placed indian almond leaf.

Same with me, well 2 P@H tanks, I use the filter supplied, but you could go for a hanging filter, which just has a suction pipe alone, persoanlly a lot less intrusive inside the tank. I got a small heater 25w probably the same as big tom, and does the job. And sure you could hide it, with some clever positioning. :thumbup:

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21615
You can get smaller versions of this

I'd go with an all in one type deal.

Tanks like the micro habitat are cool, a little small though. Look up the aqua one nano 20 30 or 40
All in ones and very smart looking.

Tanks with the bits on show aren't always scruffy , the dennerle tanks are really smart and neat.

Just for inspiration if you fancy a super-low tech and a bit of diy. I run a modded biorb without a filter. Good ol' ebay for most of the bits, including the tank itself for about 20 quid :D I love the look of biorbs, but not the limitations, so I pulled one apart to see if I could have it planted, and it worked quite nicely.

100_2181.jpg

The P@H tanks are a bargain, and look much more expensive than they really are.

For the money, they're a steal. You'll need a lighjt though. the supafish 11w Nano light is awesome.

I'm using the aquael classic 40's, no the equipment isn't hidden bit has good space in the tank for scaping. It's £40ish from swell uk. Add another £10 to get the free shipping and you could have some easycarbo or a tmc heater ;)

Keen to go green :)

I went for the Ehiem Aquastyle as I really liked the included LED light, not cheap though at £109.
The Dennerle Nano's look good for the money and the Fluval are also worth a look.

danyel patrick said:
If you need any informations about fish keeping or aquarium keeping, you'll find all the help you need on that website, that I everytime use when i have a problem:

http://themarinecentre.co.uk/

Enjoy
A website spell checker would be an essential purchase. :crazy:

Back