• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 help

D1gg3r

Hi, I've just finished planting and have hooked up my CO2 system, but don't seem to be getting any CO2 through into the tank.

I'm using a dennerle profi 200 regulator and solenoid. I'm assuming its set up right: cylinder to regulator to solenoid to check valve to bubble counter to atomiser. The regulator is showing 50 bar in the cylinder and by turning up the needle valve I can get 2.8 bar through the system. I'm only getting barely a bubble a second and I've let it run for an hour and still nothing from the atomiser. Anything I'm doing wrong? Pointers appreciated.

If an FE you have remembered to jam the handle down with cables ties, tape or what ever ?

Very easy to setup and test and forget this point !!!!

Also every time I play with my bubble counter, normally after bubble counter water refill, I test by dunking the whole lot, including the one way valve, into a jug of water to test for leaks. More than once I have found a leak, once at pipe on one way valve, slight plastic flashing on moulding letting gas by (replaced with an UP one way valve with clamps), once failed to tighten pipe at bubble counter properly and first time when I setup leaking from join between bubble counter bottle and cap :woot:

Thanks for the replies. The check valve is ok and it's a CO2 cylinder. However I will alternate with a FE when refilling the empty cylinder. I found a leak on the bubble counter, a tiny crack in the casing invisible to my eye. Replaced the bubble counter but still not getting through. Although the regulator will put out 2.6 bar it has a warning in German above 1.6. Thinking it might not be enough pressure for the atomiser I've swapped for a ceramic diffuser. There was definately residual pressure in the tube when I took the atomiser off, so fingers crossed.

I had nothing but trouble with atomisers, the pressure they work at is so high everything needs to be bang on. Plastic non return valves would pop. Granted they get a great fine mist. When I was using one sometimes it just wouldn't work at all for no apparent reason. I had bother with the solenoid not switching on (can't explain that one) :) maybe the pressure was holding it off. Then the regulator which was supposed to be able to handle the pressure wouldn't work and eventually when I could get everything working it would pop a hole in the atomiser itself. Not worth the hassle working at them pressures. Also I would use the metal non-return valve, plastic ones are just not up to the job.

Thanks, Yep would appear atomizer the main problem, after I replaced the faulty bubble counter. Plugged in a ceramic diffuser and all good now. :)

8) They are good the atomisers but IMO they're just short of being a stop valve :D I think the finer bubbles they produce don't seem to out weigh the hassle you have with them.

I also agree, they work great when new if you get a good one that is, because there seems to be a inconsistency during production with some working much better & at a lower pressure than others!
I gave up up with the ups about a year ago & I also found the same with the in tank versions after exploding a bubble counter around 3.5 bar :?

Back