• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A record of my low tech experiment

Sorry I missed what you said above about ferts and water changes ^^^^

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device
Thanks Sam there's a link on page 1 to the substrate, low techs cool mate especially if your running other tanks/ high tech as well, lighting intensity is key IMO. Ta for the good feedback mate.

Hey,:) ...I know it hasn't been that long ( in terms of a long tech tank's period) but how is the tank coming along?
Hi Faizal, it's going well, not much in the way of algae plants growing slowly but well, I'll try and get some pics up at the weekend, hope your tanks still ticking along nicely too :)

Hi Faizal, it's going well, not much in the way of algae plants growing slowly but well, I'll try and get some pics up at the weekend, hope your tanks still ticking along nicely too :)

I haven't been very regular on the water changes lately & haven't really dosed any sort of fertilizer into the tank up till last night,...sort been very lazy as far as the tank was concerned & been taking things for granted. :oops: :lol: But i have restarted my routine now as of last night. There's been an explosion of shrimps lately,...lots of shrimp poos. :lol: Otherwise it's still much the same to look at Tim,...that's the reason why i haven't been updating the journal.

Looking forward to your pictures mate.:)

12619279364_29435e50a8.jpg

Changed a little, growth is good, a little too good so I've removed some of the hardscape to make room for plants, also removed all stems while growth was good it was more effort than I wanted trimming them. The tennelus didn't bounce back from its harsh trim so it's been replaced with hairgrass. All in all it's fairly low maintainence and should grow in slowly but surely.

Attachments

• 12619279364_29435e50a8.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 381

Changed a little, growth is good, a little too good so I've removed some of the hardscape to make room for plants, also removed all stems while growth was good it was more effort than I wanted trimming them. The tennelus didn't bounce back from its harsh trim so it's been replaced with hairgrass. All in all it's fairly low maintainence and should grow in slowly but surely.

Looks lovely and lush mate. Very nice

Attachments

• 12619279364_29435e50a8.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 386
nice tim ive read the whole thread with intrest just shows what can be done with a low tech approach great variety of plants :)

Reactions: tim
yep i am glad i found it my little tank is full of shrimp and in 4 weeks when i move house i will be putting into practice all that i have lernt here i would be having
nightmares if i had followed the outmoded and contradictory advice to be found elsewhere on the web ! :(:):):)

Reactions: tim
yep i am glad i found it my little tank is full of shrimp and in 4 weeks when i move house i will be putting into practice all that i have lernt here i would be having
nightmares if i had followed the outmoded and contradictory advice to be found elsewhere on the web ! :(:):):)
Ukaps rocks :) look forward to seeing a journal when you move Alan :thumbup:

Back