• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

That's correct Alex... it's growing like hell... had to trim it already two times :lurking:

web_20_zps1bffb325.jpg

Not all of them, still 2 more to go... The Manten on the driftwood will be placed in the middle area on the sand later on.
+ I'm not yet really happy with the placement of this small stone on the left side... changed it this morning again... Looks a Little bit better.

Removed the Twinstar, too... I don't need it + it's ugly as hell :lol:

Last edited:
First real trimming is done.

The corners are a little bit screwed up and I cut them too low...
But it will grow back ;)

Re-arranged the stones again... much happier now about the placement. Only the last 2 stones for keeping the DW down are bothering me :lol:

35weeks_zpsf2fa21d7.jpg

Enjoy the last day of the weekend!

Cheers,
Chris

Very nice.
But, honestly, I'm still waiting what you're going to do with that triangle rock at left side. It looks too straight comparing to others.

Very nice.
But, honestly, I'm still waiting what you're going to do with that triangle rock at left side. It looks too straight comparing to others.

You will not see much of this one later on... the hydrocotyle already starts to cover it hehe...

BTW:
Added a few more plants in the "mix", now the backround includes:

Rotala rotundifolia Rot
Ludwigia arcuata
Rotala ceylon
rotala indica
Rotala nanjenchan
Green Rotala (Rotala sp. „Green")
Rotala sp. Vietnam
Rotala sp. Colorata
Rotala sp. Blood red
Rotala Mexicana Bangladesh
Rotala macandra

Pics will follow when everything is grown in nicely hehe...

Cheers,
Chris

quick n dirty (really, it's dirty) :what:... you can't see much of the new plants yet... as they hide under the rotala forest!
Added a second 601 unit... ;)

Tag29-141114_zpsa6fde8f0.jpg

Hydrocotyle starts covering places :)
I'm just hating the look of the weeping moss... thinking about replacing it with something else...

Classic Java? Or Willow moss?!

Ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

A second AquaSky unit? Mate this is playing really hard! Hope you got a perfect co2 performance...
Looking forward to seeing this promising rotala forest

Jordi

Should work... time will tell ;)
It's not turned on 100% of the time... only 3-4 hours.

Chris

Hi Robert,

yes, that was my inspiration indeed.
It will have my personal touch as you can't re-create a scape 1:1 that's not possible.

This tank here is more about trying the Wabi-Kusa, which will be used for my next project, too :)

Cheers
Chris

I like this one!

From Alex - Internet names may vary. Comment not fit for human consumption. Contains small parts.

Back