• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

Thank you guys!
Had some worries about the WKs under water at the beginning... but wow...these 6 buddies are in overdrive!

Will wait 2 more weeks to see which plants are more dominant in the back (at the moment it seems like a good mix of red and green ones) and then I'll add some nice fish.
At the moment I'm thinking about:

Hyphessobrycon flammeus and
Paracheirodon innesi var. Diamond

What do you think, good match?

100_2292_zps3d438c2e.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing new so far... everything is still growing...
The Amano shrimps are making a mess in the sand, so it is tough to keep it clean :what:

No algae in sight, thanks to a good amount of CO2 + a mature filter.

Excuse the heater on the left, but it's a little bit cold in the kitchen and I don't want a temp drop below 21°.
Here's a shot, right after cleaning up:

100_2303_zps650b7dd2.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Nice photo! I think now I can see your idea with this tank better.

I spot some neon tetra. Your livestock question is answered? I've never seen flame tetra in normal condition (I mean not in sail tank where the fish lost its colors) but judging from photos from internet I guess the shape of its body and coloration make this fish suitable to that layout.

Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks Alex,

that's good ;) Most of the Stones will be covered later on with moss or hydrocotyle, apart from small elements for Focus.
When the Wabi Kusa are fully grown they will cover some parts of the driftwood, too!
Only the middle area where the parvula has been planted will be left out...

Yepp the first 5 are in... will put another 5 in this week, so I'll end up with 10 neon tetras and perhaps 6 Hyphessobrycon flammeus (Roter von Rio).
It will be a colorfull tank at the end, so I wanted the fish to be colorfull, too ;)

In 3 more weeks I'll give it a good trim... so everything's coming into shape.

Cheers,
Chris

I hope your middle area won't be shadowed too much by stems. I heard parvula likes strong light, I had problem to grow it successfully in the shade of other plants in my first layout of pet shop tank (with white sand). For me it was growing very slooow, but it was planted in white sand, not in ada substrate. Probably that's also makes huge difference.

Made my choice, finally... and it was a good one ;)

100_2312_zps395deafa.jpg

Still no algae in sight... fantastic grow rate...
Will I place WABI KUSA in a tank again? Definitely :lol:

I've ordered a Hydor external heater, so I can get rid of this ugly thing on the left side...

Cheers,
Chris

Love this tank but the only thing that niggles me is the smooth black stones. They look out of place.

Still think it looks great though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 17... my bloody inline atomiser bursted with a big bang :grumpy:

Thanks to god, I had a spare diffusor here...

No sign of algae, still...

But the Hydrocotyle is finally crawling over the stones to hide some shabby areas :woot: and plants are getting more and more reddish... started with a small amount "Fe" to bump the red!

Here we go:

100_2325_zpsdf9a41ad.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Haha... no Alexander, I don't think so...

Grow rate is stunning, but the moss takes aaaages :D
I'm thinking about re-arranging 1-2 Stones when the black ones are out... let's wait and see ;)

Cheers,
Chris

Nice looking tank love your scape, is there any life span for wabi kusa and when it grows will the roots come out or it will be intact

Thank you Andrew,

the roots are growing out of the Wabi Kusa when placed in the tank. In emersed state they grow more or less inside the Wabi Kusa.
At the Moment they look quite intact as far as I can tell... the plants are covering it completely.

Amazing. Wish I'd managed this on my 60P. Can I ask exactly what hydrocotyle that is? The growth is really compact!

Thank you Andrew,

the roots are growing out of the Wabi Kusa when placed in the tank. In emersed state they grow more or less inside the Wabi Kusa.
At the Moment they look quite intact as far as I can tell... the plants are covering it completely.

Will try your method in my next scape;)

Back