• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TESCO cat litter

Hi all,
The threads on this are now a bit dated too the tesco current lines. Just checking if the non clumping dust free is the mole clay stuff?
I think it needs to say "lightweight", otherwise it will be the white sepiolite granules, and they are no good at all.

I was having a look the other day for some without success, but our local Tesco isn't very large. This is what you are looking for:
140834.jpg

cheers Darrel

Ahh...they always look so cute on the packet:angelic:...but in reality they drink from your tank, eat your shrimp escapees, take dumps in your herbaceous borders, leave chunks of fur everywhere, lick their arses in public, run up extortionate vets bills, and then go on serial mass murdering sprees...
...someone remind me why I have a cat...o_O

Hi all,
Shame the P&P would be greater then the cat litter Darrel
I think it is about £3.50 for 10 litres. Every time I buy a bag I say i'm just going to leave outside in a bucket of rain-water till I need it, but I always end up using it to re-pot succulents, or when I'm doing some cuttings etc., and by the time I want it, its gone.

cheers Darrel

Ahh...they always look so cute on the packet:angelic:...but in reality they drink from your tank, eat your shrimp escapees, take dumps in your herbaceous borders, leave chunks of fur everywhere, lick their arses in public, run up extortionate vets bills, and then go on serial mass murdering sprees...
...someone remind me why I have a cat...o_O

They go outside to pee and poo but always come back in to puke slimey hairballs and chunks of grass and half chewed food. I guess thats why. :hungover: And i have 2..

Where I live, cats have been blamed for the total demise of two interesting animals from our island!
Water voles and green lizards are now so rarely seen that it is believed none are left at all!
I am a animal lover full stop and I would not hurt any creature without good cause but there are far to many of the furry feckers around my way!
However we have adopted a greater black back seagull that we have been feeding twice a day for about six years.
Steven ( that's his name) is very territorial and will not allow cats in out garden, we have seen him attack sevele cats! Unfortunately he also attacks hedgehogs, crows and any other garden invader who might be a threat to his food supply.
Anyway Tesco cat litter is a great product at a great price, I use it in my bonsai mix and in my tanks.

cats have been blamed

In this argument the cat is used as a lightning rod for distraction. Men is actualy to blame, they introduced and spread in the first place without thinking about thus call it not knowing about the possible impact on the invironment. This happend with a lot of domesticated animals like sheap, rabbit, dog, rat, housefly, carp, camel and i'm sure i'm forgetting a few.

Men do, men blame, cats don't they just live to natures calls. In Australia men blamed the Tasmanian Tiger.. In Mauritius men has eaten the Dodo..

If the spieces called human wasn't infected with the thrive for colonial exploitation which prevents it to think any further than only profits and benefits for themselfs non of this probably ever happened. ;)

Last edited:
Within days of next doors cat's both getting run over with a week of each other (advantage of chipped pet's, the police scan the "remains" and contact your) the rats moved into our gardens within a week....Poison and big traps sorted them....

Have one old Feral Tom cat that adopted me ,and even though I feed it...it is just as likely to hiss at me,scatch me,or bite me, as it is to let me touch it.

...And without cats we wouldn't have a cheap source of substrate:p
...but I think I could live with that...
nothing wrong with that:cool:
Oh...now I get it...hence your name Ed - vet...I always thought you were actually called Edvet...:D

...And without cats we wouldn't have a cheap source of substrate:p
...but I think I could live with that...

Oh...now I get it...hence your name Ed - vet...I always thought you were actually called Edvet...:D
:lol: i don't think you want to have that name for real in dutch.. It would literaly say Ed-Fat.. or Greasy Ed..

Thats the correct stuff what Darrell has pointed out. It works OK as far as I'm concerned however with decent flow around the tank its very easy for plants to be uprooted as its very light. I've having a right problem with my replanted stem tops saying down at the moment.

:lol: i don't think you want to have that name for real in dutch.. It would literaly say Ed-Fat.. or Greasy Ed..
Sorry Ed, I didn't know that:D
If I post my cat to you next time he's ill do I get mates rates?:p

Thats the correct stuff what Darrell has pointed out. It works OK as far as I'm concerned however with decent flow around the tank its very easy for plants to be uprooted as its very light. I've having a right problem with my replanted stem tops saying down at the moment.

Was going to cap it with sand ;)

Back