• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attaching canister to wall

willzs

So just after some recommendations as to what you guys use to attach your CO2 cylinders to the wall? Just trying to prevent my toddler knocking it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have mine secured to one of the legs of my aquarium stand, but if you're going for the wall, you can use 2 eye bolts screwed into the stud and just run 2 lines around the cylinder to hold it secure. Make sure it's into the stud though....drywall probably won't do much.

A fire extinguisher wall mount comes to mind as well, but I haven't tried that....

I secured mine using two L shaped metal brackets from local DIY store, screwed to the back of the aquarium cabinet and used two fabric ties, the ones you can get from garden centres to hold trees to stakes in the ground (the ones like the straps on a rucksack) - tied around the top and bottom of the bottle.

I had my FE laid out in a magazine rack next to the tank, for ages, so keeping it on its side is another option.

Regardless what people say I had no issue with liquid CO2 getting into the regulator, in fact if you want to prevent liquid CO2 getting anywhere near the regulator you should really run your FE upside down.

FE's have a dip tube so when used to put out a fire, liquid CO2 is squirted out, which turns to gas once in the nozzle.
extinguisher-jpg.8788.jpg

Back