• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jbl filter burping bubbles

Halley

Hi,
I recently removed some filter sponges from my jbl e1501 filter but since then it has been spewing out bubbles every few minutes. It is constantly gurgling and then it spits out loads of micro bubbles from the outlet. It's very frustrating- I have tried to shake it etc to release any trapped air but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you might have more air trapped than you thought or you might have a small leak somewhere?
Personally i would take it apart again and then prime it like mad before powering it up

I cut the tubing and put it back together already

It sounds like trapped air, this happened to my jbl e1501 every time I cleaned it. It will should sort itself out over the next few hours just leave it running. If it's been doing this for more than a day check all the connections and seals, let it refill with water from the tank, prime and restart.

Thanks for advice. It's been doing this for a week - I took some media out so there is a tray with no media in it. Would that cause the gurgling?

The same thing happened to my jbl 900, after two days (the noise and the bubbles where driving me mad) I cleaned it again, checked all the connections and seals, and it stop doing it.

I have had my JBL e1501 suck in air via its intake when I didn't seat the piping in the intake U bend correctly. Pushing the connections fully fixed that.

I opened the filter and put the media back it and it has stopped gurgling and spitting out bubbles. Maybe the filter want closed properly? Thanks for all the help

Back