• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Árbol

seedoubleyou

Intro
This journal will document the build and journey of my new venture. A bioactive vivarium that will house a Crested Gecko.
The idea of a having a Gecko has sparked some interest from the family, so it’s my hope that they take some involvement too.

Backstory
I’ve kept aquatic animals since I was kid, from tadpoles and newts to pufferfish and corals.
Having recently lost that feel of nature with my reef tank, I wanted to set something up low maintenance but really natural.

Árbol
With the intention of housing a Crested Gecko which is an arboreal creature, I thought it would be apt to name this journal Árbol which translates to tree in Spanish.

Hardware
Like every good journal, I’ll list the equipment and current game plan.

Tomorrow I shall take delivery of an Exo Terra 45x45x60cm vivarium.
This will be lit using a 2.4% UVB light and heated with a ceramic bulb. (I’ll go into more detail as the journal progresses).

Hardscape
To ensure I have a hardscape that suits the arboreal nature of a Crested Gecko, I have opted to build my own “tree” using pvc pipes.
I plan to cover this in pond foam and coco fibre. (More on that in the coming weeks)

For now, an image of my PVC tree.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
Cool! What does the Blob look like now?
Still a work in progress. As the gecko ages. I think I’d like to completely remove it and build an actual hardscape using “aquascaping materials” like large wood and stone.

image.jpg

More planting required, but holding off whilst the gecko matures.

IMG_7508.jpeg

Back