• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

10 years gone - Aquascaper 900

Hands down my favourite journal at the moment!

In the video the power heads don’t seem to be doing a lot?! Or is it just me?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tucker, thanks that’s really kind!

You are dead right, in the video the power heads are doing nothing, they were off. I had just done a WC and I liked how the only movement was fish and shrimp.

The reason I have two; I intended to put one low down, either side of the island but flow seems to work better this way. I get a good gyre effect, bit sluggish at the bottom right corner. I could have managed with just one big powerful one, oh well...

Black background also reduced the visual impact of the power heads.

Took James’ advice and I’m trialing an island at the bottom left. Also the Cyperus is gone. Replaced with another piece of wood, once it’s all grown in I’ll post an update pic (if Tapatalk let’s me). Thanks for looking T

fair play, sorry about that!

Will try and go online and post via photobucket or something, tomorrow. Tapatalk won’t let me upload any more photos for some reason??

Totally need to get a better camera, very impressed by my sister’s Huawei, takes much better shots than my old iPhone. Not sure I can justify a DSLr just for tank shots! T

I like the black background! Is it painted?!

I hope I can achieve something along the lines of this once I get everything together! Looking for wood is a nightmare! Was yours from a shop or found somewhere?
(Sorry if you’ve said this above, I’ve read it through twice!)

My tank is going to be viewed from 2 angles so will need to be a “corner island” but taking influence from this with plant choice and the lava stone!

Also, what plant is this? Love the way it looks, seen it on other scapes!

8eec4cfe28eee115218e68a2ba4dfbb8.jpg

Hi Tucker,

The wood came from the bottom of a friends farm pond. Exposed in the dry weather. He thinks Scott’s Pine roots but not sure. I gave it a good clean and long soak.

The plants in the picture are Hydrocotyle Tripartita (light green chain like plant) and Hygrophila Pinitifada, both were growing in a propagator before they went in the tank.

T

Hi Tucker,

The wood came from the bottom of a friends farm pond. Exposed in the dry weather. He thinks Scott’s Pine roots but not sure. I gave it a good clean and long soak.

The plants in the picture are Hydrocotyle Tripartita (light green chain like plant) and Hygrophila Pinitifada, both were growing in a propagator before they went in the tank.

T

Gonna have to get in my parents farm and see what I can dig up out the river then! Such a nice piece of wood!!!

The new rock on the front left with the plant growing out sideways needs something else going on, not sure what though...

Thanks guys, the rock on the left is sitting on another rock. It gives a bit of a Wylie Coyote look! If you’ve ever visited pepper pot Tor, you know what I mean.

Probably with next weeks WC, I will syphon out the old gravel and replace with some fresh, brighter gravel, will be deep so the rock won’t stick out so much!

Thanks Matt, think I went higher with my lava rock wall than was needed but it all worked out. I had been watching the ADA movie where they build an underwater dry (read: wet) stone wall. T

Scape after 16:30 (although the whole video is awesome of course!). Check out how high they make their walls of rock. T

Quick video to show adjustments to the corner island. I removed the trident fern and added some fissidens covered rocks and a bit of anibias. Trying to give it the feel of a fragment detached from the mainland. I’ve freshened up the gravel too.

Obviously the Rams have photobombed me!

Tank is about 8 weeks old now. Some minor algae issues but nothing major. Quite happy with the way it’s growing in. Wondering if I should add some brown/red crypts in the middle?

From this:
71373042cfb7c7a1da10778797dd5348.jpg

To this;

482702c5f4933ce69dc41462245a933b.jpg

Very natural looking, with the small pebbles and Gravel. I'm missing the Helferi on the back though

Back