• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

10mm lily pipes?

Epiphyte

I have an Oase Filtosmart 60 which uses 9/12mm hoses. It is going to be fitted to my ADA 45F shallow tank and I'd like to fit it with glass lily pipes.

For the life of me I cannot find any that fit this size hose, apart from ADA's, which may be beautiful but I am not spending £180 on an inlet and an outlet.

I've ordered some from AliExpress but don't have confidence they'll be dispatched before I get auto-refunded.

Anyone know of where I can get some? Ideally short in length and even more ideally a spin pipe.

Not to be defeatist, but are you sure it wouldn’t be easier getting a filter that uses 12/16?

9/12mm pipes are really difficult to clean and the extreme end of fragile.

Not to be defeatist, but are you sure it wouldn’t be easier getting a filter that uses 12/16?

9/12mm pipes are really difficult to clean and the extreme end of fragile.
Honestly, that was my next idea if I can't. Its only filtering maybe 15 litres of water, no more, so the Filtosmart 60 I had kicking around would have been perfect, especially as I've modified it with an internal heater.

Though your post did make me think, I wonder if I can get 9/12 to 12/16 adaptors...

Though your post did make me think, I wonder if I can get 9/12 to 12/16 adaptors...

That was the next suggestion if changing filters was a no no. For a 45F the Aqua Rebel or Blau pipes do the job if you go for 9/12 to 12/16 adaptors. Both require that the pipes and tubing have room to drop below the base of the tank though.

Blau:

1636241373070.png

Aqua Rebel:

1636241701243.jpeg

The surface agitation out of both is good, but easier to control with the Aqua Rebel by adjusting the top suction cup:

1636241959543.jpeg

VIV --- high quality aquarium product manufacturer is what you want. It is ADA quality at 1/4 of the price.
Forget about BLAU, it is not worth the money you pay for it.
When it comes to spring brush cleaners there is only one brand that will bo the job and not ruin your glassware and that is ADA.
We have tested so many different spring brushes in our household and for glassware we only use ADA, all the other brands have been deemed only suited for cleaning tubing after our tests.

Back