• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 45 x 45 open top journal

I suspect this is more than sufficient filter flow

- the big slow downs on filter output are when inline heaters & CO2 reactors etc are installed
- in tank, loads of hardscape whether rock or massive (solid) wood will significantly impact flow

You may want to play with outlets to see what impact these have on flow in your tank - easiest is when tank is still just glass, water & filters as you can then just drop in a bit of "color" & watch the dispersal ... beet juice is quite good ;) (& cheap & rather simple to obtain & no worries on additives) or choose any of the aquarium meds that are nicely colored - tanks looks to have black silicon which is always nice as it doesn't show color stains or algae :shh:

Once you've a good idea of what your filters & outlets will do, then add in your hardscape & test it's affect on your preferred outlet pipes.

As you're running 2 filters, you can choose just one as the biofilter or add lesser volumes of media to both - I'd set up the filters as I intend to run them during the flow experiments.

Must ask, why all the double taps?
The tank is in front of a wall which cannot easily be reached behind so I wanted an easy and quick way of removing the glass inlets and outlets for cleaning... Sometimes hot water is needed to soften the tubing and where the pipework is it is difficult to get to.

That makes sense :)

- you might add that to your flow tests, looking at the aperture in the taps, it seems likely they will impede flow, eg measure filter output into a bucket with & without taps
(I see people commenting on the "bend/curve" in tubing, or a few cm extra length having considerable flow effects, while ignoring more significant restrictors)

Any update yet? Surely there must be :)
Looks like this at the minute...
3b1b70b17cae06537717007ec3d59252.jpg

My dog has peed on the laminate flooring and it has lifted in places so getting new flooring before I set then tank up..however, the laminate is underneath the skirtings so have to remove them, level floor and then lay new floor (karndean) and redo skirtings but whilst doing that and it's a bit of a mess I am installing new door frames and doors... Costing a lot more than I budgeted for so the tank is taking a side line at the minute. Plus we need new carpet as well...

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

My dog has peed on the laminate flooring and it has lifted in places
that must be a B.I.G dog :D

- it's obvious he just wants his picture in this thread!

(I'm a little suspicious that floor has previous moisture damage, that had dried & "retracted", & new damp just resurrected the old issues - I've spilled rather a lot of water on mid-grade laminate flooring, cleaned up quickly & no damp effects)

Commiserations on the delays

Looks like this at the minute...View attachment 79242

My dog has peed on the laminate flooring and it has lifted in places so getting new flooring before I set then tank up..however, the laminate is underneath the skirtings so have to remove them, level floor and then lay new floor (karndean) and redo skirtings but whilst doing that and it's a bit of a mess I am installing new door frames and doors... Costing a lot more than I budgeted for so the tank is taking a side line at the minute. Plus we need new carpet as well...

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Hiya, that's a great looking Tank!

I've started a journal on my proxima plus. I am getting away so far with just the eheim 2075. I opted for the led lights and am only running these 4 hours a day.

I'm thinking of a rescape already though now I have grown the plants a couple of weeks in and can see what they are up to.

Will be following your journal with interest!

Kind regards
Richard

Back