• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

12l Nano.

mr. luke

Not posted much in the way of my aquariums mainly due to lack of skill and camera.
This is my 12l cube currently growing using the dry start method.
Equipment is the standard LED lighting and built in filter that came with the tank.
I am using Colombo Florabase for substrate.
The rock is dragon stone from our sponsor The aquarium on-line, it happens to be my LFS :)
No plans to add pressurised CO2.

Plants are;
Fissidens Fontanus
Riccardia Sp.
Lilaeopsis novea-zeelandiae
Weeping moss
And an unknown moss originally from my driveway.

It has been planted for around a week now and the Riccardia has already attached to the rock work and substrate, just waiting for the fissidens to do the same.

Let me know if you can see room for improvement :)

nanogumi.png

just like to mention that the photo has been through Photoshop as the picture was from my phone camera which seems to forget the existence of colour in our world.

I know its too late now but for next time you could use a smaller grain size such as ada aquasoil powder to keep a good sense of scale, apart from that it looks great! And the sense of scale in the scape as a whole is good, a hard thing to do in any size of tank, let alone a 12L!

Thanks guys :)
I agree about the grain size, the substrate will be carpeted with fissidens and riccardia but will obviously still show against the glass :(

Now flooded :)
Managed to hold off flooding for about 6 weeks and am pleased i did :)
The only bits that floated off where more recent addittions so i drained again and attached each with a small blob of superglue.
Pictures up tomorrow :)

IMG_20140925_220922.jpg
IMG_20140925_220922.jpg

The new inhabitants :) only have a pair as thats all they had.
Also realises the tank is 8l not 12 and only 5l after displacement...

Attachments

• IMG_20140925_220922.jpg
    IMG_20140925_220922.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20140925_220922.jpg
    IMG_20140925_220922.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: tim
Back