• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

13G Celestial Pearl Danio Tank

logi-cat

Hi everyone,

I have been keeping fish for a long time, but never had much success in growing plants. Reading through the UKAPs forum has helped me alot and here's what i have come up with so far.

Equipment
Tank: 60L Tetra Aquaart
Filter: Eheim Classic 2213
Substrate: JBL Manado
Heater: 50W Fluval E
Lighting: Hagen Power Glo 15W (8 hours) + Arcadia Arc Pod 11W Day-Lite (4hours)
CO2: AquaGro TMC Professional CO2 Kit with Glass Diffuser

Flora
Java Moss
Cryptocoryne Beckettii (i think)

Fauna
4 x Amano Shrimps
5 x Celestial Pearl Danios

As of today (25.01.11) this is what it looks like. I'm always looking to improve the layout of the tank so comments and criticism are welcomed.

fulltank.jpg

The Cryptocoryne are growing like mad and sending out small runners. The java moss that is tied to the slate hasn't taken off yet (only planted last week) but once it does it should become a good spawning spot for the CPDs. Java fern is starting to take off so hopefully it should fill in nicely. :)

Left Side

leftsidely.jpg

Centre

centree.jpg

Right Side

rightsideu.jpg

I am currently dosing KN03, K2S04, KH2P04 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and Trace Elements on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Water changes are carried out every Friday.

The tank is sparsely planted, but looks really healthy. The crypts will soon take over it, it may take some time but surely they will grow and send plantlets.

I really like the pearl danio's, they are so colourful.

Get some more rocks, and place them next to the single rock, she does look very lonely. :)

i was thinking that as well, i'll head down to my lfs on Friday and see what they have. Thanks ghostsword

I thought i would add some pictures of the tanks residents.

All four Amano Shrimps together (very rare shot)

all4amanos.jpg

One rummaging for food

amanoscrounging.jpg

Team work 1

amanoonrock.jpg

Team work 2

amanoonjavafern.jpg

Celestial Pearl Danios

cpdz.jpg

This is the only shot i manage to get without it been blurry

i was think of adding more height in the back BigTom, I'm trying to find Rotala sp. green but having no luck. Shoot i'll change that now, thanks for pointing that out :lol:

hello mate, good start. just very sparse planting haha, id personaly not ave the crypt infront of the rock, id have the bunched abit closer to the left and right of the main rock. bang in aloada stems across the back low light stems. some 'water sprite' in a back corner, and some more moss slate dotted around with more rocks :D

not to shoot you down, just some construtive crit.

keep it up mate, plants look very very healthy an fish very happy. one last thing....get a black background haha

Looks great mate! And yeah, the planting is rather sparse, but when they fill out it should look good. I would personally add some stems at the back, and a few more rocks to fill up the space. Good job! :D

Thanks for the comment everybody, by Friday the tank will change so hopefully post new images by next week

I'm thinking of moving all the crypts to the left handside so i can create a dense crypt forest of some sort but i'm not sure want to plant on the right handside. Any ideas anyone? i want something easy to grow and maintain.

I crypt forest to the left would look a whole load better, maybe a java fern windlov bush to the right? Or I think itd look good to have a line/wall of crypts across the back with a wall of stems behind them and a wall of Hairgrass infront of them and then aloada riiccia'd slate??

I love planning tanks haha

Get some pics up when your done mate

Thanks for the ideas nayr88, i should hopefully sort it out by Friday, so new pictures should be posted at the weekend. I'm not good at planning when it comes to a planted tank. :lol:

Thought i would post an update, was in London on Thursday so i decided to visit Aquatic Design in Great Portland Street. Wasn't expecting much to be honest because of the size of the shop, but all i can say is "Amazing". I manage to pick up some Rotala sp.green and Micranthemum umbrosum (baby tear). Planted them today, will upload pictures on Sunday.

It will look good in a couple of week, at the moment it looks a mess

Good plant choice with the rotala the MU might give you beef though its loves Ze co2!, keep the stems in check by triming and replanting and they'll soon be nice and thick. Then yourll be able to sell me some rotala :D haha

Adc is a shop, plenty of dry goods and planted tank stuff, downstairs the display tanks a are really nice, not as. Good as they once were but still nice.

Looking forward to some updated shots.

As promised here are the updated pictures of what my tank.I am much more happy with it now but i am still looking for a carpet plant that is easy to grow and spread. The Crypts are doing well, all the little runners that it has been letting out have been detached and planted to the right of the tank. The Java Moss is starting to grow now and Java fern is growing steadily. Hopefully the new plants that i have added will adapt quickly and grow. Enjoy!

Left Side

leftp.jpg

Centre

fullh.jpg

Right Side

rightd.jpg

Getting there mate, well done, one thing.. . . . . Black background asap!! Haha. Can't stand seeing all that equipment so well :)

How are you finding the rasbora's I love them, what do you feed them?

Back