• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

180 Gallon Cardinal wood scaping tank video

Wow,...Tom. Simply wow!!! :D How tall do you think the staurogyne can get if we don't trim them? Can we use them as a nice midground forest in a 2 feet tank? They appear to be quite hardy. The rotala rotundifolia seem more sensitive to their co2 needs when compared to the staurogynes.

That Blyxa forest is amazing. :D

I've let it get maybe 25Cm tall in some sections, the lower leaves start to decay after a few months, but the top 10-20 leaves stays good.

Sorry about hyper sensitive sound, I was going to put some music to it.

It's not really that loud.

I didn't realize about the sound until you mentioned it. :lol: Besides we don't care about the sound,...it's the quality of your planted tanks that keep us mesmerised Tom :D .

Nice.
Does the Royal Farowella spend much time on the substrate or most of it in the branches? Is that the reason why you leave a strip of substrate unplanted, or is that more a maintenance/personal choice along the very front glass?
Cheerio,
Ady.

foxfish said:
Lovely Tom, there does not seem to be a huge flow, is there just a single outlet just below the surface?

there's about 900-1000gph from the filter, then about 2000-3000gph from the Vortech, the returns and the Vortech you can sort of see in the corner........

Ady34 said:
Nice.
Does the Royal Farowella spend much time on the substrate or most of it in the branches? Is that the reason why you leave a strip of substrate unplanted, or is that more a maintenance/personal choice along the very front glass?
Cheerio,
Ady.

The Sturisoma move around, they are just being lazy, these were all bred in this tank, they have never known any other habitat.

The strip provides a nice effect vs plants all mashed up against the front of the glass, I personal like do not like that look, it's tacky. It also provides a means to cut sod from other foreground plants that can sold better/faster/easier.
It provides a place for the fish to pick at algae sticks and feeding, and provides nice flow/current so the wall effect of the plants is better highlighted.

Back