• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

18w T8 Led tubes sufficient for plant growth

Puntius

Hello everyone

I just want to find out if these tubes will suffice in growing my plants. Have been getting growth with them. But I am going co2 regulator route soon. And just want to make sure these tubes will be fine foe the job.

They are 6500k with 1510lm lumens output 18w tubes. I am planning to use 3 or 4 of them with aloned reflectors.

Please advise if they will be fine for a highlight tank setup..

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Awesome my tank is 19.6 inches deep. 47.6 in lenght and 17.7 wide. So the lumens are fine then. Will probably add 1 more currently running 2 of them at the moment..

Last edited:
If you are getting growth with them now, They should be fine when you add Co2.
Plants in co2 enriched water will actually grow in lower light than with no co2 added. It is all dependent on the plants energy useage to the light required. In co2 enriched water the plant will use less energy getting the co2 because it is more easily avalable so the plants light requirements will actualy decrease.

Well my Amazon swords have grown more then double their size... Crypts are growing anubias so yes im sure all plants will grow with co2 added

Will get another led tube so will be 3 in total with 1 x 30w floglo tube breaks the yellow a bit

Back