• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1st attempt at aquascape, 33 litre tank

Finally have time to show you the tank a few months on, not as much progress as I had hoped but I am learning all the time from it.
When I get to the point where I think I have this nailed i'm gonna start my 200 ltr aquascaping project.
Also trying to save the pennies so I can buy more HC to help it fill in faster, and some other plants would be nice too.

ce086b9b.jpg

Woo hoo \o/ got a little extra work on the side, so ordered some new plants I hope to fill this tank out a bit and speed things up this journal is taking for ever.....to be continued : )

Plants just arrived in the post, gonna get myself all cleaned up and get cracking.

Never thought I'd get this excited about plants : S lol

Porksword said:
Plants just arrived in the post, gonna get myself all cleaned up and get cracking.

Never thought I'd get this excited about plants : S lol
Its crazy how addictive it is.
Have fun!

K so here it is so far, don't be too quick to judge tho I don't have the time at moment to seperate the Rotala sp green and Rotala Rotundifolia, but i've popped them in there for now just to get them started.

In the far right hand corner I have placed Bacopa australis with Hydrocotyle tripartita in front of that filling up the gap between the Bacopa and the driftwood.

Lower down in front of the driftwood I have Pogostemon Helferi.

Quite keen to see how they all grow in and hope to have time this weekend to arrange the Rotala properly cos at the minute it just looks like a fish tank with some plants stuck in the gravel (gonna bug me till I sort it out) :(

But here is the pic

e08672dc.jpg

PS please forgive me for the hair algae on the HC :oops:

Oh and btw lads don't worry about hurting my feelings I know it looks crap atm, haha.

As a noob I am completely open to help, advice criticism etc etc, literally anything you can add that will help me along the way will be greatly appreciated.

haha, thank you for your positive comments, the best thing about this tank is what I'm learning from it.

Some of the things I've learned:
1 A solenoid valve is a God like item and I'll include them in all my future tanks.
2 Will never use kitty litter again without a gravel cap, it's just too light.
3 Choose + Prune plants carefully and patience is key when planting.
4 Flow is absolutely crucial
5 If possible avoid placing hardscape to close to the glass at the sides or front, can make cleaning a bitch.
6 If you have a memory like mine.....make notes!!!!!

Porksword said:
haha, thank you for your positive comments, the best thing about this tank is what I'm learning from it.

Some of the things I've learned:
1 A solenoid valve is a God like item and I'll include them in all my future tanks.
2 Will never use kitty litter again without a gravel cap, it's just too light.
3 Choose + Prune plants carefully and patience is key when planting.
4 Flow is absolutely crucial
5 If possible avoid placing hardscape to close to the glass at the sides or front, can make cleaning a bitch.
6 If you have a memory like mine.....make notes!!!!!
Thats great advice learned from experience and is the only way we move forwards.
How are the plants fairing?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks Ady

The plants are doing great mate, but still very unhappy with the actual scape....however I sell ten assassins this weekend so I'm going to get a 2nd diffuser and have another go at it with the Nano I got from Gary Nelson and keep this "test" tank going.
Will be a couple of weeks as I need to acquire the following:
Diffuser
In-line flow valve
T-piece for nylon tube
Substrate (possibly ADA Malay')
Mite also try TPN+ (but need to look into it)
Oh and last but probably the most important design my scape

><

Back