• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2' high flow blackwater

Are you commenting on its suitability on looks or for the fish, or both?

At the moment its primary function in that location is a weight!! There's a rounded pebble on to of the wood holding it down and as the water logging seems to be progressing well, I may be able to move/remove it soon. If it does stay, it belongs at the back of the tank.

I will be adding more plants definitely, and I know Anubias and Ferns are good sized and shaped plants for this tank, and while I'm relaxed about hardscape not being necessarily true to the continent, I really struggle with flora and fauna being global.

However, the focus of this tank is the fish more than anything else, as you know Darrel, the rest is by the by ultimately, so I'd gratefully accept your offer if I may. I'll drop you a PM. Thank you.

Struggling to keep plants rooted in the shallow substrate. String and pebbles next I think.

Keep meaning to update photos, but big thanks to Darrel for the moss and fern now attached to a nice piece of wood. Bit of what i believe to be H.difformis too that im letting grow a bit before subjecting it to the onslaught of the torrent in there. Debating what else to add to the tank. May well swap out some of the Hydrocotyle leucophala for something else. Maybe an Anubias. Not sure yet. Need to find a low growing one. Got a small leaved variety kicking about my fry tank at the moment that can come out and in to the tank.

i have some stored oak leaves but i also use almond leaves which can be bought on the internet
i would like to see the end product when your project is finished

So will I! I'm wondering if the fish for it will ever come...

Not sure what I'd do with it if I can't get the fish. Not many would like the crazy circulation I have in there...

The livestock plans have changed sadly due to supply issues.

However the tank is staying, and can still be blackwater, but it won't be high flow and nothing stays rooted!!

I've not fertilised the tank or done anything to it, but there's some awesome green hair algae on the H.leucophala!! I did deliberately put some in the tank, but I never expected it to grow!!

Immediate plans are to put in a little more substrate, plant the plants that escaped and chuck in my Bronze juvis until I can get round to selling them. (Also a plug ;) )

Thoughts and suggestions welcome as to what to do with the tank are welcome! One idea is Apistogramma.

Thanks all!

Back