• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2 x Tetratec EX1200 or JBL e1501?

geoffr

Seedling
I have decided to get 2 filters for my 240l tank (when I get it) but am currently in a dilemma as to whether to use Zooplus.de to get 2 x JBL e1501s for around £195 or get 2 x Tetratec EX1200s for £145. Whilst my heart says stick with the JBL's my wallet (and most probably the wife!) will say the Tetratecs.

Has anyone used both to help me make my mind up?

Thanks,
Geoff

There has been quite some issues reported with the EX1200 leaking, not sure if that still applies to new models, I have not used one myself, but the JBL I have the e1500 and its been the best filter I have owned so far, easy to clean, easy to prime, just works!

The leakage issue was with older models of the EX1200 and Tetra replaced any heads that had problems in any case. Having said that I would choose JBL over Tetratec any day. Especially the e1501 which has very low energy consumption.

i run an ehiem 2113 & a tetratech 1200, on my 220ltr, i love the flow on it but its a mare to clean and prime afterwards,
compared to my other ehime's and aquis 700 i run on my oher tanks,
i just dont like the way the taps connect ontop, and the big blue button ontop sticks after many years of use n abuse,

Good choice. I have 2 jbl e1500 and they are great filters. Running 2 means you only need to do a alternative filter clean every 2-3 month.

Back