• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

238l rescape, UPDATED 21st Oct

Re: 238l rescape, 9 days in, New pic.

Garuf said:
haha do it, I think planter did that a few years back!

I had the same issue with the moss initially it's diatoms and general cack waft you hand through it and get out as much as you can with a siphon, trim it all back hard. Daily I found using a pippette and spraying fresh (from the tap) water through the moss a few times really helped to clean out any debris.

done! enterd lol. Fat chance of that getting a grade. who cares thou. Not me! :lol:

Garuf said:
waft you hand through it and get out as much as you can with a siphon, trim it all back hard.

that's the way.

Every water change I do, I siphon everything. I don't just empty the tank of water. I clean everywhere.

Update without pics at the moment due to upload cost on dongle.

Im not realy happy with the tank at moment, cant seem to nail growing large bushy stems at all. Think my ferts are dosed wrounge and my co2 levels just are not how they should be. Plus the light never ever seems to reach the back corners of the tank so i end up with strange empy areas.

Im happy ish with the area on the right but am not sure about the left hand side at all.

I reckon i need more manzi to get this scape were i want it. Ill post pics asap.

Keep the chin up mate, I'm sure you'll sort things in the end.......My Rotala is growing faster than I can keep up with but only after a good few weeks of doing nothing at all, then 2 good trims, so maybe a good trim and sit and wait.

B7fec said:
Keep the chin up mate, I'm sure you'll sort things in the end.......My Rotala is growing faster than I can keep up with but only after a good few weeks of doing nothing at all, then 2 good trims, so maybe a good trim and sit and wait.

been there done that got the t shirt lol. as so to speak. I have now dropped wc to ever two weeks, Each week gave me bad problems with algaue.

Re: 238l rescape, day 37 in, New pics.

Ok so here we have it 37 days in, Messed up by plec, But i have seen up a down growth throughtout. I also have not fixed brace yet. lol. so that is why the towl is across the top. Hope you all like the way its going. Thoughts very welcome! :thumbup:

picture006l.jpg

picture001jw.jpg

picture007u.jpg

Re: 238l rescape, 37 days in, New pics.

LondonDragon said:
Looking pretty good so far :) get that brace sorted its not that difficult ;) keep those photos coming :)

Will do. Got two pieces of 5mm glass cut to size and also have the aquarium strenghth silicone., I just have to find the balls to put all my trust in the silicone once cured. :crazy:

Lovely tank. Looking forward when its at its heaviest growth!

mlgt said:
Lovely tank. Looking forward when its at its heaviest growth!

Growth would be good! Heavy growth would be AMAZING! But i just cant grow plants that well im afraid. Got a feeling its because im useing t8's and not t5's. o_O

looking great Chilli :D .
get that brace fixed :rolleyes: .
and wheres the pics :D .

Re: 238l rescape, New picture july 8th

It's beautiful but for the love of god get that brace fixed!

thats looking great chilli :D .
but as Garuf said...........GET THAT BRACE FIXED.......... :lol: .

very impressive. On the strength of seeing your lilly, I bought one also :D thanks man, for the inspiration. :thumbup:

Back