• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

240L, looking for inspiration

NickHere

Thought I'd post my current tank, a fluvial Roma 240 that I've had for several years now.

I've never been too happy with it and thought I'd post to see if anyone has any suggestions for improvement? Low tech, nicrew LED and liquid ferts only. Thanks all šŸ˜Š

1000009775.jpg

1000009776.jpg

Depends what you want to do with it. Looks OK to my eyes.
I think I'm just growing a bit bored with it and more than anything looking for some ideas/maybe suggestions on plants I could add that would improve things even further.

Clearly my money is burning a hole in my pocket and I'm trying my best to part ways with it šŸ˜‚

Lol, here's my inspiration

I would look to add plants with different colors/textures because right now there's a lot of different rooted plants with long, green leaves and some contrast will help thing pop. Here's a list of low tech red plants as a starting point, but also consider things with frilly, linear, or ruffled leaves.

If you're looking to spend money you might look at upgrading your light. Getting something with better color rendering will be an instant improvement even if you don't go any brighter. You could also look at new fish.

You can always do a total rescape with the material you have, but that will set your rooted plants back for a while. But if you really aren't feeling it a big change could be really exciting.

Lol, here's my inspiration
Beautiful tanks, definitely need some more plant varieties in mine!

I would look to add plants with different colors/textures because right now there's a lot of different rooted plants with long, green leaves and some contrast will help thing pop. Here's a list of low tech red plants as a starting point, but also consider things with frilly, linear, or ruffled leaves.

If you're looking to spend money you might look at upgrading your light. Getting something with better color rendering will be an instant improvement even if you don't go any brighter. You could also look at new fish.

You can always do a total rescape with the material you have, but that will set your rooted plants back for a while. But if you really aren't feeling it a big change could be really exciting.
Thanks for the link, I agree I think it just needs some new interest. Feels a bit boring at the minute with nothing standing out. Will have a look at getting some colour added in

Hey, I have a 260l.. high tech but here's a few pics to have a look.
Maybe look at the layout/ structure of the Scape.. possibly a front/mid and background area... Maybe a few bits of rock/more wood to break up the area.
Different plants/ mosses will make a big difference, just keep to easy ones if your low tech though. Javas are fab but they soon swallow the tank space.
Otherwise I really like your tank, looks natural and very healthy!

1000017962.jpg
1000017963.jpg

Back