• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

25L Iwagumi Journal *UPDATED*

lampeyes really need a lot of swimming space.... How about something less itinerant- ember tetra or galaxy rasbora for example?

Callum said:
doobiw55 said:
How's progress going? What co2 system are you using?

Tom
CO2 system is a fluval 20 kit I had lying around. Will be running with an inline atomizer in my external filter.

You may find you need to replace the ribbed hosing that comes with the Fluval filter. Some people have reported leaks when trying to fit an inline with them.

spyder said:
Callum said:
doobiw55 said:

Tom
CO2 system is a fluval 20 kit I had lying around. Will be running with an inline atomizer in my external filter.

You may find you need to replace the ribbed hosing that comes with the Fluval filter. Some people have reported leaks when trying to fit an inline with them.
Ah, thanks for the advice, I'll buy some different hose.

darren636 said:
lampeyes really need a lot of swimming space.... How about something less itinerant- ember tetra or galaxy rasbora for example?
Thanks for the help, I'll look in to those fish.

Callum said:
doobiw55 said:

Tom

I use to have a fluval 20 mini in my 28l, running 1bp2s and it only just lasted a week with a ceramic diffuser.

Tom
+ thanks for the thread.

Also, just ordered a UP atomizer.

Went a bit over the top on ebay (as you do) and ended up ordering pretty much the rest of everything i need... CO2 proof tubing, solenoid valve, bubble counter, clear filter tubing and the UP atomizer. Brilliant.

Now just need to get, timer plugs, acrylic pipe, heat gun, some filter media and plants.. haha

How is the project going?

I'm not sure about those rocks because it doesn't look great for the eye, try focusing a bit more on the hill.

Give us some news!

warman98 said:
How is the project going?

I'm not sure about those rocks because it doesn't look great for the eye, try focusing a bit more on the hill.

Give us some news!
Considering restarting this journal.. i have learnt a lot more about iwagumi style scaping.
Anyways, i have been through a lot of different scapes and have decided on one i like but do seel it needs more rocks (which means more money that needs to be spent - which as i have said at the age of 16 is not always easy to come by!).
Since the last update i got myself a heat gun and got all the necessary equipment for making my own lily pipes which to say the least did not work out :lol: :oops: So i have ordered some 13mm lily pipes :D :crazy:
Timer plugs, solenoid valve, atomizer, bubble counter, filter tubing, my new light setup (boyu 3x8w T5) and a bunch of other minor accessories have all arrived, so my set up is basically ready. Although, i feel the need to get some more gravel (colombo florabase). The rocks i am looking at buying or the ADA seiryu stones but i will not order them branded as such, some guy on ebay is selling them for £25 inc P&P for 10KG. So my and my mate will probably split a box (i need to get him on this forum actually :? :wave: ) I would also like to have an external heater (i have made such an effort to have as little equipment impact on the tank as possible that i think it would ruin all my work to have an ugly internal). So that's another thing on the shopping list.
I had a little struggle with the CO2 solenoid (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CO2-magnetic- ... 35b4c88149) as it was supposed to be attached to a regulator (i think) so only had one end that the airline could attach to. I managed to fix this by adding this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plated-Brass- ... 1c210ee6d4 on to the threaded end of the solenoid. PTFE taped it all up and it was looking pretty smart imo. Basically, i had my whole CO2 set up ready and now my co2 regulator has broken.. fluval told me to return it to my retailer but i bought it second hand from ebay so im at a bit of a loss :rolleyes: I'm not sure whether to get another regulator or set up a different diy co2 system consisting of a 600g welding cylinder (i can set this up for around £40) or buy another fluval kit for £20....
These are the only updates i can think of atm, will upload pictures tomorrow, exams are pushing me for time!

i see that rock deal on ebay!! let me know how it turns out ,im looking to order some in the future.

Lily pipes arrives on Friday and I was very pleased with the outflow pipe. It also only cost £12 including postage from china. But, with my luck being my luck I opened the inflow package and it was broken :twisted: have now contacted the company but I guess it will be at least another 2 weeks until I get a replacement :(

Callum said:
But, with my luck being my luck I opened the inflow package and it was broken :twisted: have now contacted the company but I guess it will be at least another 2 weeks until I get a replacement :(

That sucks mate! I looked at that solenoid before and was unsure how to attach it, you have just solved my problem tho :) :thumbup:

Tom

doobiw55 said:
Callum said:
But, with my luck being my luck I opened the inflow package and it was broken :twisted: have now contacted the company but I guess it will be at least another 2 weeks until I get a replacement :(

That sucks mate! I looked at that solenoid before and was unsure how to attach it, you have just solved my problem tho :) :thumbup:

Tom
Glad I could help :)

Back