• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

300L pseudo-Dutch style Planted Tank

Thanks Johan, I agree with you, the plants should be arranged in a better way, this is something I would like to do in the future. Regarding competitions, I think that this is not my cup of tea. Enjoying the tank at home is by far the best prize one can win.

Regards,

Jose

hi,
really cool!
Very flexible and well tought.
The green wall is 5 stars.
I,ve also and inline atomizer but can't see the bubles coming out.
What model do you use?
keep the good work.
Hi tmiravent,

the model is:

UP aqua Inline CO2 Atomizer 16/22mm

and when working at 2bars pressure you can easily see the bubble cloud.

thanks for your comments

Cheers,

Jose

I also use the UP Aqua inline diffuser, and I don't particularly like the bubbles being visible!

wow stunning tank jose extremely well thought out and done all the plants have amazing colours

Dean

Hello,

just a quick photo reporting the "emersed garden" that grows on top of the moss wall. I find it beautiful and wanted to share with you. Length is 120 cm, but is not easy to appreciate the scale in the picture.

Cheers,

Jose

mvlh.jpg

Lovely!! It looks like a well kept English Garden (not with native plants of course):). Love the idea of the clay pots, most people would just try to hide these but you have made a lovely feature of them.

I meant loverly to look at not poverty. And this is my first language:D your doing a better job.

I meant loverly to look at not poverty. And this is my first language:D your doing a better job.
Hi Kirk,

you don't have to worry at all. I asked some native English speakers about your sentence and all of them agreed that it probably was just a typing mistake. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Cheers,

Jose

Amazing!

How the hell did you made that? :woot:

Do you want to share more pictures?

:clap:

Hi tmiravent,

actually I have done nothing, plants just started growing by themselves over the moss wall. It is really beautiful but I have to be trimming them quite often. Here is a (low quality, sorry) picture of what I have to remove every month. The big leaved one is Hydrocotyle vulgaris, it started throwing shots outside down the tank and finally trimmed it when the branches reached 180cm long. It was trying to invade the living room :)

ikel.jpg

Very cool and fast growing!
What lights do you have for the outside plants? (the same?)
Do you keep the air with dense humidity?
My anúbias tend to dry bit...
cheers

Anubias needs high humidity, most Hydrocotyles can handle quite low humidity, our room humidity is usually enough.

Emersed jungle! Are both Hydrocotyle?
Hi Jordi,

yes, both are Hydrocotyle. The bigger one is H. vulgaris, and the most abundant is what some people name H. sp "japan", but I suspect that is not the right name. In the photo you can see also some Elaeocharis vivipara shots and some portions of Riccia fluitans. H. vulgaris surprised us with some flowers a few weeks ago:

Cheers,

Jose

Very cool and fast growing!
What lights do you have for the outside plants? (the same?)
Do you keep the air with dense humidity?
My anúbias tend to dry bit...
cheers
Hi tmiravent,

yes, the light are the same for the emersed part of the tank. I couldn't say that there is dense humidity over the tank, as I have two PC fans working non-stop, and I never see condensation drops even at night. I agree with I fully agree with Yo-han when he says that Anubias need high humidity. Terrarium people usually install a water nebulisation (aerosol) system that sprays water at a given time interval, perhaps this could be useful for you.

Cheers,

Jose

Hi Jordi,

yes, both are Hydrocotyle. The bigger one is H. vulgaris, and the most abundant is what some people name H. sp "japan", but I suspect that is not the right name. In the photo you can see also some Elaeocharis vivipara shots and some portions of Riccia fluitans. H. vulgaris surprised us with some flowers a few weeks ago:

Cheers,

Jose

I already suspected that it was not H. vulgaris, but with this flower I know it's definitely H. leucocephala instead of vulgaris.The sp. 'Japan' is H. tripartita;)

Beautiful tank! I've been trying to achieve the same effect for a few months now without success. I also have L.repens and P.palustris, but they're all green in colour in my setup :confused:

I already suspected that it was not H. vulgaris, but with this flower I know it's definitely H. leucocephala instead of vulgaris.The sp. 'Japan' is H. tripartita;)
Hi Yo-han,

thank you very much for your taxonomic help. You are right, it is Hydrocotyle leucocephala, I have read that H. vulgaris stems usually grow completely horizontal with only the leaf stems growing vertical, while H. leucocephala stems grow vertically, exactly as mine does.

Regarding Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan", I also agree with you, it is H. tripartita. Tropica web states that is actually a variant of H. tripartita.

I also would like to ask you if you suspect that there are more taxonomic mistakes in my planted tank.

Thank you very much again for your help

Back